Author Topic: Hi from the U.K  (Read 2177 times)

D4s-owner

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Hi from the U.K
« on: June 21, 2018, 08:42:05 »
Hi,

Just signed up to the forum.

I've been shooting with Nikon kit for a good few years now and have a nice collection of glass (more important than the body I think) along with my D4s.

Hope to read and learn from the group and hopefully contribute when I can.

Now, I'm off to spend a couple of hours reading through the forum!

All the best,

Ian C.

Nikon D4s, Nikon D500, Nikor 24-70f2.8 / Nikor 70-200f2.8 / Nikor 80-400f4.5-5.6 / TC1.4iii / TC1.7ii

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
Re: Hi from the U.K
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 08:54:25 »
Hello Ian, welcome to N.G... :D
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

timh

• NG Supporter
  • uMhlanga, South Africa
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 09:28:34 »
Hi Ian, welcome!
Timothy Hodgkinson

ianwatson

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 20:21:44 »
Another Ian is always welcome  :)

I look forward to seeing some of your photographs.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 05:41:47 »
we are brand agnostic. We only started long ago with a single person who fascinated many of us at naturfotograf.com. This was Bjørn Rørslett, our original founding father and he shot Nikon.

We have come a long way since that time, many of us are professionals which means we use the best tools to serve our and/or the customers purpose. It can be Nikon it can be another brand. See? That is the idea.

The other idea is, that we cultivate a friendly exchange and meet in person as often as possible. On the forum we share pictures and insights in to the art and technique of taking photos with a lot of fun, when it comes to exploiting rare and exotic lenses for it.

Welcome!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 10:16:42 »
What Frank says is a resumé of what NG is all about.

Bjørn Rørslett did shoot Nikons and his present incarnation, Birna still uses them in combination with native and non-native F-mount lenses.  On occasion she uses Olympus or Panasonic gear as well, but the Sony and Fuji ranges did not pass muster. Other members opt for different alternatives, which of course is just fine. We embrace people truly enjoying photography and commit themselves to various photographic avenues. All which increases the diversity that makes NG so special.

D4s-owner

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 12:20:33 »
Thanks to you all for the kind welcome.

I'm now about to be even more entrenched in the Nikon world as I've just ordered a new D500. Thought for a while I was going to get the D850 but I think the crop sensor will be of more use to me in my chosen areas which are motorsport & wildlife.
Nikon D4s, Nikon D500, Nikor 24-70f2.8 / Nikor 70-200f2.8 / Nikor 80-400f4.5-5.6 / TC1.4iii / TC1.7ii

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 12:24:24 »
Welcome to NikonGear ! Enjoy ;)
Erik Lund