Gear Talk > What the Nerds Do

AF-Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8

(1/4) > >>

richardHaw:
http://richardhaw.com/2018/05/22/repair-af-micro-nikkor-55mm-f-2-8/

Hello! just published this last week. was too tired and busy so I forgot all about it  :o :o :o

Seapy:
Thanks Richard, I enjoy reading your lens reconditioning articles.

I was particularly pleased to find the article contains a link to the micro Nikkor 55mm f/2.8 Ais, a lens I own and love.  I was a bit dismayed when I read that you would not recommend anyone to buy the micro Nikkor 55mm f/2.8 Ais lens.  I got rid of my micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D which I had bought new and replaced it with a nice, used 55 - f/2.8.

While others may disagree, for me AF has no place in close up photography, the 60 - f/2.8D isn't easy to manually focus, I would never swap back.  The 55 - f/2.8 is one of my most used lenses, silky smooth and sharp as anything, although that was on D200 (DX of course) now I am enjoying my D3, I have acquired a micro Nikkor 105mm f/4.0 which is superb on FX for my flower photography.

richardHaw:

--- Quote from: Seapy on May 27, 2018, 11:17:44 ---Thanks Richard, I enjoy reading your lens reconditioning articles.

I was particularly pleased to find the article contains a link to the micro Nikkor 55mm f/2.8 Ais, a lens I own and love.  I was a bit dismayed when I read that you would not recommend anyone to buy the micro Nikkor 55mm f/2.8 Ais lens.  I got rid of my micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D which I had bought new and replaced it with a nice, used 55 - f/2.8.

While others may disagree, for me AF has no place in close up photography, the 60 - f/2.8D isn't easy to manually focus, I would never swap back.  The 55 - f/2.8 is one of my most used lenses, silky smooth and sharp as anything, although that was on D200 (DX of course) now I am enjoying my D3, I have acquired a micro Nikkor 105mm f/4.0 which is superb on FX for my flower photography.

--- End quote ---

what I meant is the 55/2.8AF. :)

the 55/2.8 Ai-S is very good :D Nikon still makes it new up til this day  :o :o :o

Seapy:

--- Quote from: richardHaw on May 27, 2018, 12:15:44 ---what I meant is the 55/2.8AF. :)

the 55/2.8 Ai-S is very good :D Nikon still makes it new up til this day  :o :o :o

--- End quote ---

Sorry, my confusion!   ;D ;D ;D

Jacques Pochoy:
That's what I thought  ;) Thanks Richard for the show of the very rare AF version (never saw any). My trusty 55mm f/2.8 AI-s is now in my daughter hands with the D3x, so I guess I'll try to get another one at the Photo fair of Bièvres on the first week end of june...  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version