Author Topic: Limestone Quarry  (Read 789 times)

Seapy

• NG Member
Limestone Quarry
« on: March 27, 2018, 00:36:02 »
Saw this at the weekend.  A clearly defined 600mm? layer under a 3 metre layer of limestone blocks which had more layers above.  Very colourful in the sunlight.

D3 Nikkor 80-200 AF trombone.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Randy Stout

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Limestone Quarry
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 03:16:52 »
Robert:

Lots of detail , like the slight angle of the strata,  exposure.

I think from an artistic sense, it needs some distinctive  focal point to capture the eye, like a bird perched on  alidege,  or some other object, color, shape. 

Just my take. 

Randy

Seapy

• NG Member
Re: Limestone Quarry, Plus Karts!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 04:18:52 »
I agree Randy, it's an interesting background waiting for a nice subject but the texture is so distinctive that I felt I had to share it.

This is what I really went to photograph...

D3 with 80-200 AF Zoom (Trombone style).

::)

OUCH!  :o :o :o

Tiny driver...  ;D

I went by invitation of a friend who wanted me to get some nice pix of him.  Unfortunately he never made a full lap, but I had a ball!  It's a circuit I knew of but had never visited.  I actually know the owner very well from back in the 1970's when we road rallied together.  It  was great to meet him again and to have the opportunity for some unfettered motorsport photography.  There are a group of friends who rent the circuit for the day for practice and setting up the karts, sometimes they let the bambino's loose on the track too for half an hour or so, it's very informal and nobody takes it too seriously.  I wouldn't be allowed to get to the places I did, had it been a race day.

Next opportunity mid July.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK