Author Topic: [Theme] The Organ Thread  (Read 101969 times)

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
Re: [Theme] The Organ Thread
« Reply #375 on: July 08, 2018, 08:39:14 »
Classical structure but crazy decoration, both the chapel and the organ.
Airy Magnien

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #376 on: July 13, 2018, 23:45:09 »
I think the simmetrical view works well here. The guy in the composition I like too -It makes the end of the view curious :)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #377 on: August 21, 2018, 14:45:35 »
the only set of Spanish Trumpets in a pipe organ outside of Spain is built into the 1969 Rieger instrument in Marienstatt. If you are an Organ Expert and player try to find Fater Gregor for an appointment. A phantastic musical instrument last updated and newly intonated by Georg Jann in 2016.

More photos of the organ later...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #378 on: August 21, 2018, 21:37:32 »
Brillant shot of the trompeteria, that dates back to 1732 (the date seems to be engraved on one of the pavilions; the rest of the organ is by Rieger, 1970). You will notice that the short trumpet pipes (of the Bajoncillo, 4 foot pitch) get replaced by twin flue pipes in the treble region, one souding one octave above the longer one (i.e. 4' + 2' pitch) to lend enough brilliance.
I'd definitely like to play there. The instrument was somewhat "mythic" in the seventies, and visited by many a foreign Organist. I think I have records by Jean Langlais there.
Airy Magnien

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #379 on: September 09, 2018, 21:38:59 »
Lille, St Pierre & St Paul. Erwin Müller, 195x. No organ case, just a heap of pipes. Not bad at all though. The local organist is very good too.
Df, 180/2.8 AIS ED at f/4, handheld.
Airy Magnien

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #380 on: September 09, 2018, 22:03:24 »
Beutiful visual Airy, gives strong presence to the pipes

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #381 on: September 09, 2018, 22:20:53 »
I was lucky, with the sun shining just at the right moment
Airy Magnien

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #382 on: September 09, 2018, 23:29:11 »
Was visiting Frederiksborg Castle today and found an organ ;)
For once it wa possible to take the picture straight on.

great shot in great light.

thank you for your contribution
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #383 on: January 25, 2019, 23:01:49 »
today I tried something different...

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #384 on: January 28, 2019, 05:40:04 »
Another extravagant Klais organ ?
Airy Magnien

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #385 on: January 28, 2019, 11:06:55 »
Another extravagant Klais organ ?

the website says: "Die Orgel aus dem Jahr 1958 ist die erste mechanische Orgel, die die Bonner Orgelbaufirma Johannes Klais nach dem 2. Weltkrieg baute. Die Orgel hat eine neobarocke Disposition, verteilt auf zwei Manuale und 25 Register im Hauptwerk und Rückpositiv. Die Spieltraktur ist mechanisch, die der Register elektrisch. Die Art der Windlade ist als Schleiflade konzipiert. Im Rahmen der Sanierung 2011 wurde die Orgel vollständig überarbeitet und gereinigt."

an independent site has more info: http://organindex.de/index.php?title=Bonn,_Namen-Jesu-Kirche

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #386 on: February 10, 2019, 17:35:35 »
The great Markussen organ in "Vor frue kirke" in Copenhagen from 1995 with 87 voices.
Post-processed in LR, picture is taken from the flor, and the organ is very high up ;)

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #387 on: March 30, 2019, 18:49:24 »
Düsseldorf, Neanderkirche. Rieger 1965. A "modern" organ without compromizes, on which Almut Rössler (1932-2015, and organist at the nearby Johanneskirche) recorded the complete organ works of Olivier Messiaen, and Oskar Gottlieb Blarr (*1934) works by Bartok and Mussorgski (yessss, pictures at an exhibition).

The organ case is not exactly "beautiful", and is in stark contrast with the XVIIth century church, in typical calvinist arrangement : pulpit and altar at the long side, galleries on the three other sides. Musically, it is overwhelming and elegant at the same time, singing and percussive (also with the help of the four horizontal trumpet and clarion stops).

I have listened to its voice on records for more than forty years. Live on the 27th, for the first time.
Airy Magnien

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #388 on: March 31, 2019, 00:05:48 »
hey man, Airy. You are in Düsseldorf? This is next door to me. Drop by. Have half a coma in my wine cellar!

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #389 on: March 31, 2019, 04:21:15 »
Düsseldorf, Neanderkirche. Rieger 1965. A "modern" organ without compromizes, on which Almut Rössler (1932-2015, and organist at the nearby Johanneskirche) recorded the complete organ works of Olivier Messiaen, and Oskar Gottlieb Blarr (*1934) works by Bartok and Mussorgski (yessss, pictures at an exhibition).

The organ case is not exactly "beautiful", and is in stark contrast with the XVIIth century church, in typical calvinist arrangement : pulpit and altar at the long side, galleries on the three other sides. Musically, it is overwhelming and elegant at the same time, singing and percussive (also with the help of the four horizontal trumpet and clarion stops).

I have listened to its voice on records for more than forty years. Live on the 27th, for the first time.

I've never knew that Bartok wrote pieces for organ...  Thank you for the reminder.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira