Author Topic: The Sample Lady  (Read 1228 times)

RBSinTo

• NG Member
The Sample Lady
« on: December 24, 2017, 07:35:24 »
Another shot from the St. Lawrence Market today.
Just a fast, informal portrait of the Sample Lady who gives out tastes of various dried fruits, vegetables and nuts in front of one of the shops in the market.
Nikon D3
Tokina ATX 80~200 2.8 AIS manual focus
2.8 @ 1/100 ISO 2500
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: The Sample Lady
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 05:17:29 »
Good hand-holding of the camera...1/100 w/ long lens is not easy.  Are you pleased with the Tokina 80-200/2.8?
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

RBSinTo

• NG Member
Re: The Sample Lady
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 16:43:17 »
Good hand-holding of the camera...1/100 w/ long lens is not easy.  Are you pleased with the Tokina 80-200/2.8?
Thanks Pluton.
I've always been able to successfully "cheat" on the 1/focal length "rule" for hand holding, so this wasn't anything out of the ordinary.
As for the Tokina ATX 80~200 2.8? I've been using it for a number of years despite also having one of the very sharp and exceedingly rare zoom-Nikkor 80~200 2.8  ED AIS manual focus zooms.
The Tokina is rugged, very well built and very sharp. I preferred it to the Nikkor mainly because it is substantially lighter. It is a lens that I recommend without reservation.
However, by way of full disclosure, I have concluded a deal to trade these lenses, along with a number of other manual focus zooms, SLR bodies, one Nikon rangefinder body and a rangefinder prime for two Nikkor auto-focus zooms, a 24~70 2.8 and a 70~200 2.8 to use with the two D3 bodies I recently purchased. This is all part of an effort to dispose of a great deal of equipment that I've amassed in large part from the spouses and families of deceased relatives.
Robert
I shoot with film. That's film. F...i...l...m. You remember film. It was in all the papers.