Author Topic: Unfortunately, Thanksgiving didn’t quite turn out as planned . . .  (Read 3700 times)

Ann

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Photographs by Ann Shelbourne
Re: Unfortunately, Thanksgiving didn’t quite turn out as planned . . .
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 18:10:59 »
I guess it is time to send flowers to your daughter...
Glad it turned all good.
Welcome back to the world!

Being a highly practical lass, my daughter would prefer a load of cut, split and dried fireplace logs!
I am arranging a delivery of same!

:)

gryphon1911

• Looking For The Best Light
  • NG Member
  • Use The Best Light - ANY Light that is available!
    • Best Light Photographic Photographic
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 19:28:46 »
Sorry you had to go through all that, but glad you are through it!!
Andrew
Nikon Z6/D500/Df Shooter (Various lenses), Olympus PEN-F (Various lenses), Fuji XPro2/X-E3 (various lenses)

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 21:38:31 »
The main things is that you're on the mend, and not letting the ordeal ruin other things.
Carl

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 02:59:43 »
glad to hear you still know how to savour the important things like shoes and travel and have things like survival be served as a side dish if necessary. Gosh. A great sense of humor in your messages.

Are you going to Guancaste National Park, co created by American Biologist Daniel Janzen?
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Ann

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Photographs by Ann Shelbourne
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 20:44:17 »
Frank:
I am not entirely sure exactly where we are going but we will have ten days in Costa Rica and will be in a number of different locations so I imagine that Guancaste National Park may be one of them.

The expedition is being led by Juan Vindas who is a brilliant photographer and who knows his country really well.
You might enjoy his web site:
http://www.juancarlosvindasphoto.com

A couple of friends of mine (we have shot together in the Everglades as guests of one of the NG members; and they later came on one of the NG Safaris to Sabi Sabi in South Africa) are coming plus a couple of other people I believe. It should be a very exciting adventure.
------
Just done my first work-out ever on a treadmill . . . in my splendid new hiking boots.
Just five minutes to start with but I intend to do many sessions, of extending length, each day so all is now definitely on-track for Costa Rica!!!
Yeah!!!!

:) :)

Treadmills are both fun and invigourating: I really should have tried using them long before this.