Author Topic: Someone in Norway killed his D850 in a flood...  (Read 1770 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Re: Someone in Norway killed his D850 in a flood...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 20:44:54 »
Poor Roy :D Even worse for his camera of course.

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 21:15:13 »
To me the most impressive part is that he took the photos of the bear family with a 24-70 lens.
Btw: impressive photo series
Peter

Bill Mellen

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 01:31:07 »
To me the most impressive part is that he took the photos of the bear family with a 24-70 lens.

+1

That is too close for comfort!
Everything gets better as we grow younger and thinner

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 12:16:09 »

I was also thinking: How fast can this guy run if necessary?

BTW: Two guys meet in the middle of the desert, one is carrying a telephone booth, the other carries a huge piece of rock. Asks the rock man: "Why do you carry a telephone booth?" amswer: "If a dangerous animal approaches, I will stand in it and do as if I am in conversation and the animal will pass on me...." and, after some consideration asks the rock man: "Why do you carry the rock?" reply: "That is easy: If a dangerous animal approaches I will trow away the rock so I can run faster"

Concening our camera wrecker friend I would guess he was carrying a telephone booth...
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 12:27:31 »
I know Roy in person. He is a daredevil.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 12:48:25 »
BTW: Two guys meet in the middle of the desert, one is carrying a telephone booth, the other carries a huge piece of rock. Asks the rock man: "Why do you carry a telephone booth?" amswer: "If a dangerous animal approaches, I will stand in it and do as if I am in conversation and the animal will pass on me...." and, after some consideration asks the rock man: "Why do you carry the rock?" reply: "That is easy: If a dangerous animal approaches I will trow away the rock so I can run faster"

Concening our camera wrecker friend I would guess he was carrying a telephone booth...

As migrant from DSLR to m4/3, I would say that D850 can function as a rock in a pinch, especially if it is devastatingly damaged.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

gryphon1911

• Looking For The Best Light
  • NG Member
  • Use The Best Light - ANY Light that is available!
    • Best Light Photographic Photographic
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 14:18:17 »
Hopefully he had insurance. 
Andrew
Nikon Z6/D500/Df Shooter (Various lenses), Olympus PEN-F (Various lenses), Fuji XPro2/X-E3 (various lenses)