Author Topic: Medical Nikkor 120mm f4  (Read 2622 times)

Ashlandish

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Medical Nikkor 120mm f4
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2021, 01:47:50 »
Really happy the manual arrived safely, and hope it helps. Maybe with the manual and NG contributors it'll all come together. Looking forward to seeing the fruit of your labor  :)
Tim Becraft

Hugh_3170

• NG Member
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2021, 05:42:58 »
I notice that the "unfried" components are all colour coded (thus easy to read their values) and that any colour coding on the the "fried" components are now unreadable.

Do you have any way of getting photos of intact circuit boards so the values of the resistors and capacitors etc can be read?  These values plus your circuit diagram should get you "over the line".
Hugh Gunn

mxbianco

• NG Member
  • A teddy bear from the Alps, rarely fierce
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2021, 16:46:14 »
Another problem with tantalum capacitors is that each producer had its own color coding, plus there are also numerical codings, such as "125" which means 12 followed by 5 zeroes, that is 1200000 picofarads, or 1.2 μF, So even if you can get your hands on a clean PCB's images, you still have to figure out what color coding was used. One step at a time work will get done, the Net is full of tables with tantalum capacitors' color codes...

Ciao from Massimo
Since evolution has given us TWO ears and ONE mouth, we are supposed (me included) to be doing more listening than talking.

Patrick Blancheton

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2021, 20:16:09 »
Do you have any way of getting photos of intact circuit boards so the values of the resistors and capacitors etc can be read?  These values plus your circuit diagram should get you "over the line".

That's also my idea, maybe someone willing to open his:her own lens, or find another lens and take a close look at it.

Patrick
Patrick