Author Topic: Nikon F mount lenses on Hasselblad X1d  (Read 2859 times)

chambeshi

Nikon F mount lenses on Hasselblad X1d
« on: August 28, 2017, 09:48:59 »
interesting, most interesting...

https://blog.mingthein.com/2017/08/24/e-shutter-firmware-for-the-hasselblad-x1d/#more-15856

But it requires a custom built Nikkor-Hasselblad adapter

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Nikon F mount lenses on Hasselblad X1d
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 16:07:07 »
Yes it is interesting. However, Michael E has shared his observations on the Hasselblad vs D810 and with upcoming D850 I think this will be a difficult time for Hassy. 300ms is a long time.

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 21:37:08 »
Yes it is interesting. However, Michael E has shared his observations on the Hasselblad vs D810 and with upcoming D850 I think this will be a difficult time for Hassy. 300ms is a long time.

I've had an opportunity to work with both the X1D and the GFX and they, indeed, were fascinating. Personally, I like the X1D's color... a lot. Now that it may have an standard-type shutter, that is good news. Still, The D850, if it checks out like it's features claim, will be a better bet for me. Trying to mix and match lenses from other systems, non-native lenses, sounds like a plan, but IMO, in experience, they never quite measure up to quality lenses (if they exist) for the system-brand you are using. Non-native lenses smack of jury-rigging and, ultimately, I find myself wishing for native lenses that are well corrected, fast, and sharp. If the X1D could take F-mount lenses happily and they worked out a lot of fine points that I don't find on the X1D, I would be interested. But, both the X1D and GFX, by the time you outfit them with batteries, their lenses, and everything... just are not worth the price to me. Just my two cents. The D850, if it is good, is Soooo much cheaper... and for my work...probably as good or better.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 11:48:39 »
I've had an opportunity to work with both the X1D and the GFX and they, indeed, were fascinating. Personally, I like the X1D's color... a lot. Now that it may have an standard-type shutter, that is good news. Still, The D850, if it checks out like it's features claim, will be a better bet for me. Trying to mix and match lenses from other systems, non-native lenses, sounds like a plan, but IMO, in experience, they never quite measure up to quality lenses (if they exist) for the system-brand you are using. Non-native lenses smack of jury-rigging and, ultimately, I find myself wishing for native lenses that are well corrected, fast, and sharp. If the X1D could take F-mount lenses happily and they worked out a lot of fine points that I don't find on the X1D, I would be interested. But, both the X1D and GFX, by the time you outfit them with batteries, their lenses, and everything... just are not worth the price to me. Just my two cents. The D850, if it is good, is Soooo much cheaper... and for my work...probably as good or better.

Michael, most Nikon lenses are not computed to cover such a large sensor area, although, since you work in macro mode most of your time between beta = 1/4...1x (as far as I remember), the useful image size is enlarged by (1 + beta)x, so at 1x you have double the image circle available.
formerly known as kds315