Author Topic: Charging  (Read 1722 times)

Arild

• n
  • NG Member
Charging
« on: August 01, 2017, 11:28:46 »
So, got my Pana BLACK eneloop AA from amazon.

For my flash and my gps

Should I charge them before use?

any suggestion for a good charger, that I can get here in Norway?

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
Re: Charging
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 11:43:57 »
Hi,

The Eneloops come precharged and have a very low self discharge rate compared to regular rechargeable batteries but it's always wise to top them off for heavy duty work like flashes. When batteries deplete so will their voltage from 1.45V on full to a 0.8V when empty, so high power applications benefit from full batteries :)

There are many good chargers out there but need a little more info to provide a solid advice like the use of li-ion 18650 / 16340 batteries, the need for charging in a car or by using solar panels or power banks, etc. How many batteries do you want to charge at once, 2, 4, 8?
Cheers,
Jan Anne

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 19:37:25 »
I suggest the MAHA MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger-Analyzer as a first charger and then more MH-C9000(s) or MAHA MH-C801D Eight Cell One Hour Charger.

Charging AA ennelops with the MH-C9000 is as easy as pressing them in one by one. It conditions the batteries while charging and has many features to get the most out of your batteries. It charges 4 cells independently.

The MH-C801D charges 8 cells at a time. It has fewer features but if you need more cells charged it's a good choice. It conditions cells as it charges but lacks the analyzation and break in features of the C9000. To give all batteries a soft charge which is best if you are not in a hurry you press and hold one button while inserting the first battery. Then simply insert batteries in the remaining seven slots. It changes each battery independently.

Dave Hartman

I own three MH-C9000 and I'm very pleased with them. From time to time I could use a MH-C801D but I don't own one. I use ennelop batteries and they enjoy a long life when used with a first class charger.
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

Arild

• n
  • NG Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 13:19:25 »
OK

Both are not availble in my country, so they will be too expensive to import. with customs and all:-)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 13:54:38 »
You should be fine with the geuine Panasonic BQ-CC21 charger which I'm using with both of my black and white Eneloop batteries.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira