Author Topic: afx from Munich  (Read 2112 times)

afx

• NG Member
  • Grumpy Bavarian from Munich
    • AFXImages
afx from Munich
« on: June 11, 2015, 23:48:29 »
afx which is a shorthand for Andreas Franz Xaver.
Located in Munich, a generally grumpy Bavarian.
Love to shoot concerts, dogs and wildlife.

cheers
afx

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
Re: afx from Munich
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 16:55:41 »
Nice to reconnect !
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 00:11:10 »
Hi Andreas,

Was in desperate need of a good Espresso last Friday on my way back to Amsterdam, too bad you weren't home for a quick coffee brake, better luck next time  :)

Just curious, you were pretty involved with Aftershot Pro, whats your preferred raw editor nowadays?
Cheers,
Jan Anne

afx

• NG Member
  • Grumpy Bavarian from Munich
    • AFXImages
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 08:26:03 »
Was in desperate need of a good Espresso last Friday on my way back to Amsterdam, too bad you weren't home for a quick coffee brake, better luck next time  :)
Yup we need to time this better ;-)

Just curious, you were pretty involved with Aftershot Pro, whats your preferred raw editor nowadays?
It's a mess...
AS is limping along, all my images still get downloaded and culled in AS, as other programs are too stupid to do the download into the right places with the right names automatically. All initial culling and tagging happens here as well.
Depending on image content they will be then either processed in AS or LR.
As Corel decided to update AS with a new version of Qt (the cross platform UI library used by AS), all the old plugins need a re-compile, but that process was so badly planned, some key plugins still are not available for the latest version.
Most images end up in LR for processing... Suffering a laggy crop tool on a current model hey i7. Yuck!
I do have C1 as well, which provides nice IQ, but the I/O module is even more of a useless PITA than the one in LR. They force their idea of file system structure on the users, YUCK!
With the silly direction LR is going, Corels continuous efforts to mess up AS, I might be forced to switch to C1 though. Or maybe hell freezes over and they guys from Picturecode finally make it work for people who process more than a handful of images at a time...

cheers
afx