Author Topic: Old Favorites.  (Read 1365 times)

John G

• "Borrowed a Little Light"
  • NG Member
Old Favorites.
« on: June 18, 2017, 15:33:51 »
Couldn't deny myself a trip to the Coast for Photography followed by a Sea Food meal as a Birthday Treat.
Had some fun with the very under used in my hands 400mm. ( WW2 Antenna Anchor ) was a change to capturing waders in the shallows.
Then I put the 50mm on and found a new prop to share in the image of the Crab Shack. ( my return to subject ).
My new boss is a Nikon Wide Angle Obsessive, I will get a loan of one and see how my 50mm has done against great performers. 
I had to make amends to the Windmill last time out, it was sitting in a intensely applied Cyan Post Edit.
John Gallagher

Mongo

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Old Favorites.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 11:12:36 »
Particularly like the composition and look of #1. It is also incredibly sharp. Nicely performing lens

John G

• "Borrowed a Little Light"
  • NG Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 20:49:26 »
Hi Mongo
              It's been a while since we spoke, hope you've been keeping in good shape.
The Lens used was my 50mm f1.8D. It must be a good model if you picked up on the sharpness.
I used the DXO Pro 11 as a edit software and did not go more than 160 on sharpening scale.
I have been mindful about over sharpening following past comments on NG.
The 400mm close range subject Isolation on the Guy Wire Anchor at full res is jaw dropping.
John Gallagher

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 08:10:07 »
Nice images John; Number 1 for me also.

The 50mm f1.8D must be about the best value for money Nikon lens that currently can be purchased new.  It sells new on the high street here in Melbourne for the equivalent of $US105 plus goods & services tax. 

The newer 50mm f1.8G is I feel just a tad better, but that one is almost twice the price here at the moment.
Hugh Gunn