Author Topic: What a relief....  (Read 4001 times)

Bjørn J

• NG Member
  • North of the Arctic Circle
What a relief....
« on: June 11, 2015, 23:10:31 »
.....to visit a forum with no facebook-button, no twitter-button, no "like"-button....
I hope it will stay that way :)
Bjørn Jørgensen

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
Re: What a relief....
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 23:23:39 »
No need to hope, it is a given promise.

People are entirely free to do all their liking and twittering and Facebook events of course, but not through NG.

Depending on the future traffic pattern developing on NG, we might exclude guests from most parts of the site as well. This in order to stress our hosting server less and incur lower running costs.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 01:33:29 »
I've never used something like "log in as facebook" or something like that, but I love simpler user interface anyway!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 10:35:31 »
I just wanted to LIKE your post Bjørn ;D
Jørgen Ramskov

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 11:24:58 »
I feel a "Thank You" button does no harm. It shows your appreciation of another persons efforts.

BUT: A thoughtful comment is much better
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 11:29:36 »
Agreed. Just to be clear: I have no issues with this site having now like buttons, share buttons and so on. I think content shared here is meant to primarily be for the members of this forum, not the whole world.
Jørgen Ramskov

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 13:49:57 »
Personally, I hope you have no "like," "Thank You," or any other buttons. A person should comment on the post or remain silent IMO.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com

Intrepid

• NG Member
  • Rank Amateur
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 14:41:01 »
Cute but I hope that is not going to be the defining feature.  Most people have become immune to these buttons.

One photo forum, while revamping their site, added a "dislike" button for a brief period of time.  AFAIK, it was not even used by anyone, even during that brief time.
Vivek Iyer

Frode

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 08:22:37 »
.....to visit a forum with no facebook-button, no twitter-button, no "like"-button....
I hope it will stay that way :)

Totaly agree, Bjørn!

Easy for me to say as I have no FB/Twitter :-).

A relief!

The_Traveler

• NG Member
  • Good to be here at the NikonGear
    • lewlortonphoto.com
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 15:14:42 »
Cute but I hope that is not going to be the defining feature.  Most people have become immune to these buttons.

One photo forum, while revamping their site, added a "dislike" button for a brief period of time.  AFAIK, it was not even used by anyone, even during that brief time.

I was on a site with a 'dislike' button.  It is used rarely but, IME, the dislike is usually about the person not the picture or the text.
Lew Lorton
The_Traveler
a non-technical shooter