Author Topic: Lens changer gadget  (Read 19628 times)

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Lens changer gadget
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2019, 23:06:48 »
Have you seen this thread Carl?

https://nikongear.net/revival/index.php?topic=8812.0;topicseen

Yes, that's what got me looking into PD strap reviews. I like the idea of carrying behind my back at times, but, thanks to the reviews that I read, I'm not convinced WRT the safety of the strap connectors.  :(
Carl

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2019, 08:05:48 »

It's been a troublesome start for Peak Design, they made some rather bad design and manufacturing mistakes for their first versions,,,

The latest version of Peak Design has a clear color indication when and if they need to be changed due to wear;
When the first the black outer layer is worn down a 2nd yellow protection layer will become visible, that means you should replace it ASAP, the core is red, if that is visible you are at the limit and replace it immediately.

They work quite fine, as with all straps keep an eye on them,,, the snap on and off works really well and has a solid feel, I use it on all cameras and even my big heavy camera bag, D850 SB910, 24-70mm AFS VR 2.8, 80-200mm AFS 2.8 and 19mm PCE plus verminous other lenses and stuff.

The key point is to make sure the lug you mount them on is free of sharp edges,,,
Erik Lund

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2019, 15:31:11 »
It's been a troublesome start for Peak Design, they made some rather bad design and manufacturing mistakes for their first versions,,,

The latest version of Peak Design has a clear color indication when and if they need to be changed due to wear;
When the first the black outer layer is worn down a 2nd yellow protection layer will become visible, that means you should replace it ASAP, the core is red, if that is visible you are at the limit and replace it immediately.

They work quite fine, as with all straps keep an eye on them,,, the snap on and off works really well and has a solid feel, I use it on all cameras and even my big heavy camera bag, D850 SB910, 24-70mm AFS VR 2.8, 80-200mm AFS 2.8 and 19mm PCE plus verminous other lenses and stuff.

The key point is to make sure the lug you mount them on is free of sharp edges,,,

hanks Eric, thtat's just the sort of info that I was looking for.
Carl

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2019, 17:00:48 »
All my camera gear is equipped with Peak Design’s famous “anchor links”, together with “Slide” camera straps and connectors. I think since it’s inception. Top gear with regard to the aforementioned.

There was a design fault with the first connectors: they send me new ones, together with an on purpose tool to correct the older ones. Top after sales service !
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2019, 18:18:19 »
All my camera gear is equipped with Peak Design’s famous “anchor links”, together with “Slide” camera straps and connectors. I think since it’s inception. Top gear with regard to the aforementioned.

There was a design fault with the first connectors: they send me new ones, together with an on purpose tool to correct the older ones. Top after sales service !

Thanks Christian, sounds like good customer service from PD.  :)
Carl

CS

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2019, 19:57:54 »
Thanks Christian, sounds like good customer service from PD.  :)

Slide strap ordered w/extra set of connectors direct from PD. I wanted to order from Amazon because they would have been delivered today, but, the Slide sold on Amazon has version 3 connectors instead of the newer version 4's. So, I have to wit a few days. Too bad, I have an event to shoot on Friday where I could've given the strap a try. Oh well......

Erik and Christian allayed my fears over broken connectors resulting in dropped gear.

Carl