Author Topic: When my Df dies, I will...  (Read 18421 times)

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
Re: When my Df dies, I will...
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 17:54:04 »
If there is no DF2 ever, I'll buy another DF ! Or I may get my FM2n out and set up again my old darkroom chemistry !!!
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 18:27:59 »
If there is no DF2 ever, I'll buy another DF ! Or I may get my FM2n out and set up again my old darkroom chemistry !!!

I bought and FM2n and have found no way yet to adjust it to my eye-sight condition... (IMO there is not way)

I have been to a master optician and he took a lot of time to test and analyse the problem. He cannot solve it because of the FM2n construction.

I will go for an F6 instead which has an optical system designed relative and adjustable to the eye like all modern cameras
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

bjornthun

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2017, 23:57:43 »
Frank F., can you still purchase diopters for the FM2? Or did your optician find that you could not replace the glass in a generic diopter with the one you require?

the solitaire

• NG Member
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 21:26:53 »
I bought and FM2n and have found no way yet to adjust it to my eye-sight condition... (IMO there is not way)

I have been to a master optician and he took a lot of time to test and analyse the problem. He cannot solve it because of the FM2n construction.

I will go for an F6 instead which has an optical system designed relative and adjustable to the eye like all modern cameras

Even though the FM2n is quite  abit smaller and lighter then the F6, both are magnificent cameras. It's a shame you can't get the FM2 to work for you.

Today was the day. Back when I bought my D3 I thought: "When my D3 dies, I'll either have it repaired, or buy another D3"

And to be honest, the D3 would have done everything I ever wanted a digital camera to do. But I lost one of two shutter release buttons fairly early on (and never got around to have that repaired), the rubber grips are worn down so much that hey hardly stick to the camera body. I guess it's equal parts luck, spittle and hope that keep them on there. The LCD display on the back (the big colorful one) has gone hazy. And even though I kept my sights on the used D4 market until today, this morning a thought struck me, and I might be leaving the Nikon camp. Events later this week will tell me more.  So even though I was so convinced even just a few months ago, I might move to Fuji sooner rather then later, while still holding on to my Nikkor lenses though.
Buddy

Bent Hjarbo

• NG Supporter
  • Hvidovre, Denmark
    • Hjarbos hjemmeside
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2017, 10:01:48 »
Just got a used, but very fine looking Df, so now I have to see. Also got a 105 2.5 of the frist optical design. Will see what it can compared to my AiS version.
So I will stay in the Nikon camp for now ;)

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2018, 14:52:31 »
I see an alternative (not: a full replacement; not: an equivalent) looming :
https://nikonrumors.com/2018/07/03/first-set-of-rumored-specifications-for-the-nikon-mirrorless-cameras.aspx/

Only the F-mount adapter is not mentioned. We'll see if Nikon maintains its tradition of backward compatibility.
Airy Magnien

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2018, 16:01:24 »
interesting, Airy.

Drive by wire focus or direct focus?
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2018, 17:23:21 »
interesting, Airy.

Drive by wire focus or direct focus?
If it is drive by wire, then I will declare the War Against The Machines officially lost.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Jack Dahlgren

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 17:38:57 »
I’m still depending on my dF for it’s moderate size, low light performance and ability to use any lens. If the mirrorless camera does all this (and more?) then that is where I go when the dF gives up. Seems like the right camera for the type of photography I do.

gryphon1911

• Looking For The Best Light
  • NG Member
  • Use The Best Light - ANY Light that is available!
    • Best Light Photographic Photographic
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2018, 00:26:29 »
I will buy another Df if I can, but if not and the next gen Nikon mirrorless goes where I think it will, it could very well be that.  I honestly care more about being able to continue using my manual focus lenses into the future than I do the camera bodies. 

So, even if Nikon were to fold up shop tomorrow, I'd still adapt my legacy glass onto m43/Fuji bodies.  I might sound crazy to you, but seems legit to me.    Lol.  :)
Andrew
Nikon Z6/D500/Df Shooter (Various lenses), Olympus PEN-F (Various lenses), Fuji XPro2/X-E3 (various lenses)

JohnBrew

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2018, 04:40:39 »
Just ordered my first. After yet another European trip with the D810 I swore it would be the last. After toying with the idea of another Leica M (geez, I've only had 7!), I decided to go with the lightest FF Nikon - the Df and & in addition a 50 1.8 will replace my Zeiss 50 Marko And the combo will save about 600 hundred grams of ugly fat. The new Nikon diet :)

JohnBrew

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2018, 04:46:23 »
I see an alternative (not: a full replacement; not: an equivalent) looming :
https://nikonrumors.com/2018/07/03/first-set-of-rumored-specifications-for-the-nikon-mirrorless-cameras.aspx/

Only the F-mount adapter is not mentioned. We'll see if Nikon maintains its tradition of backward compatibility.

I wanted to wait for the mirrorless but I understand that Nikon is having all sorts of hell with the F adapter. And then there's the actual delivery time to just a normal customer...

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2018, 06:04:04 »
If it is drive by wire, then I will declare the War Against The Machines officially lost.

we could employ a robot to do the shooting

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2018, 08:36:54 »
Just ordered my first. After yet another European trip with the D810 I swore it would be the last. After toying with the idea of another Leica M (geez, I've only had 7!), I decided to go with the lightest FF Nikon - the Df and & in addition a 50 1.8 will replace my Zeiss 50 Marko And the combo will save about 600 hundred grams of ugly fat. The new Nikon diet :)

Welcome to join the club. However it is difficult to part with the Zeiss 50/2. Currently I use the (even heavier, uglier, bulkier) Milvus version on Df. The 50/1.8G is nice though.
Airy Magnien

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2018, 08:41:15 »
I wanted to wait for the mirrorless but I understand that Nikon is having all sorts of hell with the F adapter. And then there's the actual delivery time to just a normal customer...

A purely mechanical adapter would be OK for MF lenses. This is how I happily used Canon FD lenses on Oly m43, adapters coming from a third party. The Canon FD adapter is basically an extension ring, while the Nikon FD adapter in addition has a ring that would actuate the aperture lever (no steps of course). But MF lens users are not the main target, I guess.
Airy Magnien