Author Topic: Relay for Life  (Read 2321 times)

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
Relay for Life
« on: June 29, 2015, 19:57:18 »
Last week was very very busy. It culminated with an American Cancer Society's Relay for Life event. The event is an overnight community fundraising walk. Teams of people camp out around a track with members of each team take turns walking around the track. The organizers provide food, games and activities for kids. I was volunteered to grill chicken for 400 of my closest friends and didn't have a lot of time for photography. This is such a worthwhile cause that I want to post images ... so I'm posting snaps from past Relays.

The Remembrance Walk

Luminaries

Entertainment

This was a watermelon eating contest. The young man pictured is wearing a hat because he lost his hair to chemo.

Mom's luminarie

In Memorial
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Relay for Life
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 20:18:16 »
Wonderful sensitive reporting. #2 really touches me. Wonderful telling metaphor and great picture. The dancing lady with the skirt swirling around her offers great graphics color and situational tension.

"400 of my closest friends" is that irony?
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
Re: Relay for Life
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 22:34:43 »
Wonderful sensitive reporting. #2 really touches me. Wonderful telling metaphor and great picture. The dancing lady with the skirt swirling around her offers great graphics color and situational tension.

"400 of my closest friends" is that irony?
'"400 of my closest friends" is that irony?"' I hoped so ... lol ... there were approximately 400 people participating in this year's event ... so I had to grill enough chicken to fill enough tacos to feed approximately 400 people.

This was the grilling setup.
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.