Gear Talk > What the Nerds Do

Taking apart the Micro-Nikkor-P 55mm f/3.5 Auto!!!

(1/5) > >>

richardHaw:
http://richardhaw.com/2017/01/18/repair-micro-nikkor-p-55mm-f3-5-auto/

Taking apart the Micro-Nikkor-P 55mm f/3.5 Auto!!!

Should've made this earlier since it's my favourite lens but nobody was requesting until last month :o :o :o

Bruno Schroder:
I have right now an early version in my hand, not converted, which I'm considering milling because I can't find the AI conversion ring. You just gave me the right information to remove the ring.

Thanks for the write up, Richard.

richardHaw:

--- Quote from: Bruno Schroder on January 30, 2017, 06:51:08 ---I have right now an early version in my hand, not converted, which I'm considering milling because I can't find the AI conversion ring. You just gave me the right information to remove the ring.

Thanks for the write up, Richard.

--- End quote ---

thanks, Bruno! Be careful not to remove too much material from the aperture ring  :o :o :o

rupert76:
Hy guys, I'm tryng to understand how to use a Nikkor P auto 55mm f 3.5 on D700. Ive tried to mount with the M2 ring and without but the photos I took came out just black and i cannot control aperture. Thelittle display on top just indicarte me f 0.
Besides I was wondering if mounting without the M2 ring could damage the lens insert ring on the body cause it was a little hard. (I've mounted others lenses after that and they seem to function correctly).
I read something about a AI version or a non Ai version that shoul be converted to be mounted and functioning. But there is some extra ring I could use to just have my version functioning?

Thanks a lot.
Roberto.

Bjørn Rørslett:
Can you provide a picture of the rear end of lens and the M2 ring? It is possible either item needs an AI modification before they will safely mount on your camera.

The top display on the camera should indicate F-- not F0. EXIF will show this value though, unless you set up an entry in the non-CPU table for your camera.

Using a PK-11, PK-12, or PK-13 ring instead of the M2 will at least partially solve your issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version