Author Topic: Clash of Nature  (Read 2891 times)

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Clash of Nature
« on: June 11, 2015, 21:49:18 »
A recurring subject for photography every spring: the endearing Colt's-Foot Tussilago farfara. Its pretty bright yellow flower heads, growing in between the last vestiges of snow, herald the arrival of spring.

Less eay to make an entirely new twist to such a frequently shot subject, but I keep on trying year by year.

The Nikon Df excels in combination with my beaten-up Voigtländer 125 mm f/2.5 APO-Lanthar.

antonoat

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Clash of Nature
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 21:59:54 »
Great contrast between the pylon and the ancient flower, I think we'd all agree on which is the most beautiful,
I've never before seen both subjects featured prominently together so I'd suggest your years of effort have finally paid off, lol.
The colour of the sky is the icing on the cake!
Great image Bjorn.
Tony Oaten

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 22:08:20 »
Personally I find power pylons fascinating in every meaning of the phrase, both as subjects per se and in being so useful for nature photography. If I can work them into a frame I'm happy.

antonoat

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 22:21:10 »
Bjorn there is a new type of pylon now being used in the UK, they're not
as majestic as the older style, apparently they are cheaper and quicker to construct!

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/apr/13/electricity-pylons-britain-duller-place-national-grid-t-pylon-design
Tony Oaten

Bjørn Rørslett

• Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 22:23:38 »
I'm sure you can get something out even from these structures. Less easy than the traditional designs, I admit to that.