Author Topic: The fallacy of using long lens technique (LLT) at slow shutter speeds  (Read 24685 times)

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Sachtler DA 75L or the Speed-Lock models if you want to support heavier stuff, even the smaller 75mm bowl units in the ENG series.

http://www.sachtler.com/products/tripods/

If you go to the 100 mm bowl units, prices start to climb *fast*.

Ask Erik about Gitzo, I haven't had my own since mid 1980's.

As to head, make a list of the essential requirements first, then try to match these to a given model.

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
In the Gitzo range series 3 is the start for steady shots you get good steady support, for long night exposures I would recommend series 5 it also has much less twist even fully extended,

The Gitzo 3 and 5 holds a Burzynski inside the tripod spider for extreme stiffness and I would also add spikes.
Erik Lund

Kim Pilegaard

• "Nikea"
  • NG Supporter
  • Copenhagen
    • Profile at Nature Photographers in Denmark
Berlebach has a "ballhead" http://www.berlebach.de/?bereich=details&id=22&sprache=english, that resembles the Burzynski head somewhat. Does anybody have experience with that?

Kim
Kim

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
I don't know this head, it looks like it is very similar in design although only one screw for tension...
Erik Lund

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Plus the angle of tilt is more limited ...

that being said, it surely looks an interesting alternative to the now nearly unobtainable Burzynski head.

Kim Pilegaard

• "Nikea"
  • NG Supporter
  • Copenhagen
    • Profile at Nature Photographers in Denmark
Re: The fallacy of using long lens technique (LLT) at slow shutter speeds
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2015, 09:20:02 »
I bought the Berlebach LEVELLING ADAPTER 33° Ø 100 MM/4 ". My first impression is that it is very well made, and that the ball is very big (100mm Ø). It fits nicely on my Gitzo 5532 LS. The head has a separate friction control screw. The big ball makes it easy to position even with a heavy load like the D800 with battery pack and a 500/4 AFS VR lens. It is much bigger than the Burzynski head, but lacks the ability to pan. When I have gained more experience with the head, I will post a longer "review".
Kim