Gear Talk > What the Nerds Do

need help: 300 2.8 AI apertures stuck

(1/7) > >>

brent_e:
Hi Folks,
I just grabbed this old beast from fleabay and haven't got my hands on it yet.  The aperture blades are stuck.  Has anyone taken one apart?  Any resources?

any help is appreciated! 

Brent

Bjørn Rørslett:
First of all, are the aperture blades stuck fully closed down, in an intermediate position, or is the aperture wide open?

If you try to move the aperture coupling lever on the rear of the lens, do the aperture blades follow?

Just realised you might not have received the lens yet. However, do these suggestions first, then we can start working from those findings.

brent_e:

--- Quote from: Bjørn Rørslett on November 11, 2016, 14:55:32 ---First of all, are the aperture blades stuck fully closed down, in an intermediate position, or is the aperture wide open?

If you try to move the aperture coupling lever on the rear of the lens, do the aperture blades follow?

Just realised you might not have received the lens yet. However, do these suggestions first, then we can start working from those findings.

--- End quote ---

Hey Bjørn,
thanks for getting to this so quickly.
They're stuck wide open.  The lens shipped to a friend of mine (I live close to the border with the US so ship ebay purchases to a friend in NY) and he took a look at it.  It was affordable....so a bit of a gamble, but I've always wanted one of these.

No, haven't received it, but will get it monday.  the photos make it look like it's got damage on the mount which may have bent the coupling lever.  I'll post up here when I get some more information. 

by the by, any chance of buying a CPU for this lens???

Thanks again!

Brent

Bjørn Rørslett:
These lenses are a breeze to put a CPU into. No problem with parts.

A bent coupling lever would easily result in a stuck aperture.

brent_e:
I've searched online but can't find a manual for this.  Do you have any sources???  I don't mind buying one. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version