Gear Talk > What the Nerds Do

upgrading to split prism for the Nikon Df

(1/2) > >>

richardHaw:
https://richardhaw.com/2016/09/11/mod-nikon-df-split-prism/

looks like this turned out to be pretty straight forward ::)

loving this setup now :o :o :o

abergon:
Thanks Richard for sharing. It is the first clear explanation I see on the web on how to do it. I think what confused me compared to changing screens on Canon cameras is that Canons do not have a foam seal (and I am not very good at these mods anyway). Interesting also that you didn't have to trim the screen to make it fit.

OTOH, I had no idea you hated the Df.

richardHaw:

--- Quote from: abergon on September 11, 2016, 10:29:08 ---OTOH, I had no idea you hated the Df.

--- End quote ---

thank you for finding it worthwhile.  :o :o :o

i do not hate it as much now that i have customised it to closely reflect how I wanted things to be. i will admit that I was really upset with it during launch because of the ridiculous price but since I got this for cheap, that has helped me reconcile with the Df ::)

Erik Lund:
I didn't read every word,,, Just green dot - or,,, What about precise calibration, shims?

richardHaw:

--- Quote from: Erik Lund on September 11, 2016, 17:51:49 ---I didn't read every word,,, But,,, What about calibration, shims?

--- End quote ---

i have some materials here that I bought in preparation for that (styrene, acrylic). but it seems that it is OK as it is so i just left it alone, in fact I found that the screen is even more accurate than the focus confirmation dot itself :o :o :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version