Author Topic: My favourite rosetree  (Read 743 times)

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
My favourite rosetree
« on: August 22, 2016, 21:34:16 »
Shot with my favourite camera (Df) and a well appreciated lens (CV 58/1.4) at various apertures, from 1.4 to 11.
The rosetree looks shabby, but bears beautiful flowers, probably the best in the whole champ de mars (Paris, hosting the Eiffel tower). I thing it is blooming for the third time this year ; first time was in january (!)
Airy Magnien

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
Re: My favourite rosetree
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 08:16:05 »
wow - the backgrounds are cream de-lux
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
Re: My favourite rosetree
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 11:58:02 »
Well, the Nocton is really no Noct, but the cream it delivers is pretty rich indeed. DOF preview is considered obsolete by some, but with that lens and by that kind of settings, it is essential, as each stop will bring significant changes.

One can only dream of a version with an aspherical front element added, to get partly rid of spherical aberration and improve the "sharpness contrast" wide open, especially on close-ups. I've tested again; sharpness is quite good at 1.4m (better than any Nikkor but the Nocts), but not at 0.45m which is the minimum focussing distance.

Coma correction is less important, as it is possible nowadays to do night shots at f/2.8, a setting at which the coma already vanishes with that lens.
Airy Magnien