Gear Talk > Camera Talk

D800E replaced by D4

(1/8) > >>

John G:
I have been witnessing a few reasonably low actuation, less than 100,000 to be nearer the count Nikon D4 models become available on the market. Some are at a price I agree on, so a sale of the D800E would get me into this level of body with a small additional cost after the D800E is sold.
I have never considered or wished for a ownership of the D4 as I have been very settled with the D800E.
I have been wanting a higher burst rate and got it in my mind the D500 will be a camera body to accompany the D800E in 2017.
I am much more of a nature photographer than anything else, so any thoughts on the D4 replacing the D800E
would be of interest to me.

Tristin:
While the D4's ergonomics are certainly drool-worthy, I can't see how a D4 would equal, let alone best, the D500 for nature photography. 

pluton:
If you want/need high FPS rates, the D800 series is not going to be very satisfying.
If you like having 36MP, a 16 MP unit may disappoint.
If you've ever used the large pro bodies, you know how bulky they are.
The large pro bodies are more rugged than, and are ergonomically/haptically superior to the smaller bodies, in my experience.
16 MP is enough for excellent print/reproduction quality at all normal degrees of enlargement.
I'd be nice to have both...

Jakov Minić:
I don't see how you can go wrong with the D4 :)

Bjørn Rørslett:

--- Quote from: Tristin on August 15, 2016, 18:45:52 ---While the D4's ergonomics are certainly drool-worthy, I can't see how a D4 would equal, let alone best, the D500 for nature photography.

--- End quote ---

Handling of the stock D500 is pretty lame once it is combined with bigger, serious lenses ... one probably needs to add (an expensive) grip to improve the matter and then the difference to a D4 is rapidly shrinking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version