Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 8068 times)

Snetiger

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Hi there!
« on: July 31, 2016, 09:19:19 »
I have been following Bjørns gear reviews for years and they have helped me tremendously in my choices of lenses and bodies. I am Jens and I come from Copenhagen, Denmark. I spend much time in Sweden taking wildlife and nature pictures.

JNR_6436CNX2s by Jens N. Roved, on Flickr

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Hi there!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 11:56:11 »
Impressive introductary shot.

Most welcome to our wonderful meeting point of skilled people!

Frank

You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Snetiger

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 12:06:52 »
Thank you! Yeah that is the new D500. Love it to bits and pieces already. :D

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 12:29:20 »
Thank you! Yeah that is the new D500. Love it to bits and pieces already. :D

I have her since beginning May, quite possibly the best camera I ever had, including the D3. The only field where she is a tad behind is IQ and post production capability in ISO higher than 1000.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 13:04:17 »
Welcome Jens, with this beautiful shot.

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 13:32:29 »
Welcome - I also love the shot!
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Snetiger

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 13:54:52 »
I have her since beginning May, quite possibly the best camera I ever had, including the D3. The only field where she is a tad behind is IQ and post production capability in ISO higher than 1000.

Well, I totally agree about the D3. I do not believe however the D500 is lacking in IQ when it comes to high ISO shots - not much anyways. I think it depends on the eyes that see and how much noise bothers you. One of the great advantages if you got a 600/4 like me is that you hardly need to crop anything anymore so you don't lose IQ to cropping as you do with f.ex. the D4 which I owned before. Of course the best of both worlds would be to own a D5 and a 400/2.8 for when it turns real dark and the D500 + 600/4 VR combo that I have but I can't afford a D5 and I am really happy with the 'reach' of the D500 so far.

This one is ISO 20000. I did a bit of post processing on noise but it is easy to remove color noise - much easier than say with a D810.

JNR_8081CNX2s by Jens N. Roved, on Flickr

Snetiger

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 13:59:11 »
Welcome Jens, with this beautiful shot.

Thank you. :)

Snetiger

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 14:00:41 »
Welcome - I also love the shot!

Thank you! Love your naturephotos too, Elsa!

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 14:07:51 »
Thank you! Love your naturephotos too, Elsa!

thank you  ;D
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 14:55:14 »
Well, I totally agree about the D3. I do not believe however the D500 is lacking in IQ when it comes to high ISO shots - not much anyways. I think it depends on the eyes that see and how much noise bothers you. One of the great advantages if you got a 600/4 like me is that you hardly need to crop anything anymore so you don't lose IQ to cropping as you do with f.ex. the D4 which I owned before. Of course the best of both worlds would be to own a D5 and a 400/2.8 for when it turns real dark and the D500 + 600/4 VR combo that I have but I can't afford a D5 and I am really happy with the 'reach' of the D500 so far.
This one is ISO 20000. I did a bit of post processing on noise but it is easy to remove color noise - much easier than say with a D810.
JNR_8081CNX2s by Jens N. Roved, on Flickr

Supershot. Can you tell more about you post processing?

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 14:55:46 »
Welcome!
Beautiful nature shots
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

Snetiger

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2016, 16:15:39 »

Supershot. Can you tell more about you post processing?

Sure. I opened it in Capture NX-D and removed color noise there by setting of 50 iirc. Luminance set to 0. Then I opened it as TIFF in Capture NX2 and did 30% 10 noise reduction there and added a little touch of contrast (+5). Last step was to add a Vignetting blur to surround the stag and a touch of Vignetting negative brightness surrounding the stag in approximately the same way. I added sharpness and scaled it to 2500 pixels. All set. :)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2016, 19:09:12 »
Sure. I opened it in Capture NX-D and removed color noise there by setting of 50 iirc. Luminance set to 0. Then I opened it as TIFF in Capture NX2 and did 30% 10 noise reduction there and added a little touch of contrast (+5). Last step was to add a Vignetting blur to surround the stag and a touch of Vignetting negative brightness surrounding the stag in approximately the same way. I added sharpness and scaled it to 2500 pixels. All set. :)

Thank you very much. The idea to create the TIFF in NX-D and use the power of NX2 on the TIFF never came to my mind. My second step is always Photoshop CC

Snetiger

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2016, 20:48:41 »
After you have made a TIFF you can also save that as a new NEF file in CNX2. I do that in order to keep adjustments open. :)