Author Topic: Driving the North Norfolk Coast Road " Burnham and the River Burn "  (Read 1542 times)

John G

• "Borrowed a Little Light"
  • NG Member
 These are images captured from the area that surrounds the River Burn. There are various villages with the name Burnham being used within their names.
 The image of The Lane is the start of the Burnham Villages and the Windmill is the Finish. When travelling to the west.
 The car was a nice little treat and very fitting with the Title of the Album. There were many vintage vehicles on the coast road this trip and they are always well
 received.
 Norfolk proudly states itself as Nelsons County. Lord Admiral Nelson was born in Burnham Thorpe.
John Gallagher

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
A couple of good shots there - Burnham-3.jpg  being my favourite with the beautiful curved lines.
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Lovely English countryside and interesting feature boundary walls, but the white balance in # 5 and 6 is way off, too cold. The white painted doors are very bluish.
Simone Tomasi

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
England countryside always fascinates us non-English.

However, the massive overdose of cyan could easily be cut back without losing any of the delightful views. In fact, they would be enhanced.

John G

• "Borrowed a Little Light"
  • NG Member
Thank you for your comments on composition and highlighting the detractors that are in the images.
Firstly, I have revisited a few off the images and I have not done any WB alterations, they are as shot. I deliberately avoided any WB adjustment as a response to a recent comment. I opened the RAW files in Capture One Pro 9. I have gone into the D800E camera menu and the WB setting was Auto 2, this has a statement " keep warm lighting colours ". I have reverted the camera to Auto 1 and set the colour grid to grid centre.
Secondly, I have gone into the Pro 9 colours and have returned all colours controls to their default position where blue/cyan are concerned. I felt the need to add a little more brightness after this. The images are resized and saved for web using CS6.
I had got very heavy handed with the Blue/Cyan looking for a bold contrast, I had lost sight of a natural sky.
Let me know your thoughts.

John Gallagher

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
The reposted ones look much more pleasing and the massive cyan overdose is by and large gone. Peace and pastoral tranquillity have been restored.

A tangential note on auto w/b: I have never encountered a Nikon that on its own would shift daylight colours to look like they have been sprayed with cyan all over. The first series was way beyond what the camera possibly could have done on its own, with the unlikely exception it was set to "Incandescent" ?