Author Topic: Hello, from US, Pennsylvania  (Read 2535 times)

Steven Paulsen

• NG Supporter
  • Cumpulsive Tinkerer
Hello, from US, Pennsylvania
« on: July 14, 2016, 00:11:56 »
(I do my best to carry a small package of humor in my pocket, at all times…hence the nickname.) Feel free to call me Steve. (I became quite tired of the "Sell Me" photo forums elsewhere & Mr. R's reviews & insight has helped me tremendously.)

My great grandfather migrated to the United States, from Oslo, Norway.

I reside in the heart of US, Pennsylvania, "Dutch Country," where their culture does not condone photography of any such sorts. I respect that.

When everyone was upgrading to AF, I bought the spoils & have a small collection and shot film from a "bit of everything." I honestly wish they made a digital FM, (with a screen the size of the film holder, manual focus, with an aperture ring.)

Me?

As a lad I worked in heavy industry. I'm 57 years young & realize I should have gone the college route. My joy of employment involved a 20 year stretch as an optician. I measured, fabricated & dispensed eyeglasses. I worked and managed optical departments for M.D, DO Doctorates & Mom & Pop facilities.

Why am I here?

If I pile all my Nikon stuff into my hatchback, I would have a picture similar to the one the "Great Bear," has posted  on his older website. I have 3-35mm format Nikon & Kodak's, cameras & 3- Nikon, half, DX frame. By default, I'm a Macro Guy, but enjoy documenting varying pieces of the old decaying barns & pretty much anything that resembles things of long, 100's of years ago.

Last count, I have over 30 Nikon mount lenses, bellows, reversing rings, hardware, etc. Oh gosh.....How many bags, backpacks & velcro dividers are amid my home?

I love capturing a beautiful moment, so I can save & relive it for a rainy day.

Thank you for being here.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Hello, from US, Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 04:55:45 »
Hello Steve, Great to have you here!

May I divert your attention to me "Adé FM-D"-thread here: http://nikongear.net/revival/index.php/topic,3953.0.html

Testing the real FM2 against the D500, aperture, time, iso and distance on manual, the D500 is by far the better camera, esp. because its ground glass allows for fast and precise focussing without even the "green dot" control and because of the fine diopter control for people like me with +2,25 sight on my left "photo-eye"

I hope Nikon decides to put the same type of ground glass (The F6-ground glass) into the up and coming D850/D900 (A D500 with 24x36-sensor) ... because there is IQ missing from the D500, esp at higher ISO settings than 1000. The D600 runs circles around her.

Me personally am more interested in pictures you take with your equipment than pictures of your equipment, but: There is a thread here, esp asking for "equipment portaits" ... so something for everyone here!

Love to have you here.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 05:29:04 »
Great introduction. Welcome to NG, Steve!
Anirban Halder

John G

• "Borrowed a Little Light"
  • NG Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 09:49:57 »
Hi oLnutJob from the US.
                                    Pleased you have joined the voyage. 
                                    Please show us some of your Old World Structures standing the test of time.
John Gallagher

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 11:29:01 »
Welcome to the nuthouse then :)  Looking forward to your participation - and post anything you like - everyone else does  ;D
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 13:26:53 »
Welcome to NikonGear ;)
Erik Lund