Author Topic: Turkish delight  (Read 1498 times)

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
Turkish delight
« on: July 14, 2016, 21:43:13 »
namely, coffee (türk kahvesi). Df +Tamron 45/1.8
Airy Magnien

Lars Hansen

• NG Member
  • Zealand, Denmark
Re: Turkish delight
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 22:16:06 »
I really like this Airy - light, atmosphere .. and the delightful smell of coffee  :)

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 22:48:16 »
That was last Monday evening in Kadiköy. Despite terror and migrants, the general atmosphere and friendliness is vastly better than anywhere in Paris. Hospitality is a tradition and you feel it. And like a child, you'll have difficulties learning how to count ;)
Airy Magnien

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 23:26:56 »
The Turkish coffee can be a bit too sweet for me.  But I do love the Turkish food and the atmosphere of the image.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 23:58:06 »
Great shot ! Kadiköy has gathered the spirit that once was found in Istiklal (for many reasons) !
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 00:17:45 »
Akira, when ordering, just add "az şekerli" (sketos in greek)
Jacques, you seem to know the place much better than me. Indeed, what I found striking in Kadiköy is the number of bookshops and CD shops, and the quality too... maybe Istiklal has become "too commercial". But that's from very limited experience - one week around Tophane, two days in Eskisehir and two in Kadiköy, half of which on duty.
Airy Magnien

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 00:48:17 »
Akira, when ordering, just add "az şekerli" (sketos in greek)

Airy, does "az" mean "without"?

Jacques Pochoy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 01:12:38 »
Jacques, you seem to know the place much better than me. Indeed, what I found striking in Kadiköy is the number of bookshops and CD shops, and the quality too... maybe Istiklal has become "too commercial". But that's from very limited experience - one week around Tophane, two days in Eskisehir and two in Kadiköy, half of which on duty.

Well, I've been in architecture school exchanges with most Turkish schools from Istanbul as Izmir for more than a dozen years. Some of my old students (Turkish but following my Parisian school) have their offices and practice there. Of course, herding my students in Fikirtepe or other districts with local non profit organisations thought me a bit about local politics (as the Railway unions, as we did work on Haydarpasa after the fire). Most young Turkish student of Istanbul prefer Kadiköy after the present Président clash in Istiklal a few years ago.
I hope your "duty" will get you, one day, to visit the Mongolian railroads from Ulaan-Bator to the Russian border... Or the Southerns tracks of the TransMongolian  :o
With your camera of course... ::)
“A photograph is a moral decision taken in one eighth of a second. ” ― Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Airy

• NG Supporter
    • My pics repository
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 06:50:28 »
Akira, "az" in the sense of "little", but that's how far my scarce knowledge reaches.
Jacques, our meeting was at Haydarpasa by the way...
Airy Magnien

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 07:03:41 »
Akira, "az" in the sense of "little", but that's how far my scarce knowledge reaches.

Ah, there seems to be no option for non-sugar coffee out there.   ;D ;D ;D

Anirban Halder

• NG Member
  • Minneapolis, USA
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 07:24:07 »
Very classy shot Airy. Smooth rendering. I can almost smell the coffee from the pic!
Anirban Halder