Gear Talk > Camera Talk

Hasselblad introducing mirrorless medium format. now. live from Sweden!

<< < (2/9) > >>

Frank Fremerey:
Frankly. For my table top business I do not need any Hasselblad lenses.

As this nifty little beast is very portable I would choose to have one wide angle like the 30mm announced
for Photokina 2016 to shoot architecture while travelling.

On the road the Cambo Actus comes to mind connecting APO Digitars and Digarons to this back.

I guess this will outshoot any competition and win some high paying customers in the event business too.

Portraits of horses ... another high paying job type ...

Bjørn Rørslett:
It is intriguing that Hasselblad/Fuji choose to use SD cards on this system. There must be an awful lot of data to shuffle around. I had expected at least one slot to be XQD.

Eddie Draaisma:
Only 38% more data compared to a D810 that can do 5fps?? Hasselblad claims 1.7 - 2.3 fps for the X1D.

Bjørn Rørslett:
The 'new' lenses for the X1D,45 mm f/3.5 and 90 mm f/3.5, eerily reminds of the Xpan lens kit. The XPan lenses were a third stop slower, f/4, probably because they had to cover a slightly wider area, and could be very small in size because they lacked the built-in leaf shutter of the new lenses.

Frank Fremerey:
In the interview on the launch event (you can watch it on youtube) the CEO of Hasselblad said that no Fuji technology is in the package. All is developed and build in Sweden. He claims to have very tight and friendly relatiuons with Fuji but not on this project. Also the Lenses he claims are designed by Hasselblad only manufactured in Japan by "Nirotu"??? if I did hear that right. I did not see a transcriptiion yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version