Author Topic: D3300 replacement on the horizon?  (Read 2886 times)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
D3300 replacement on the horizon?
« on: June 07, 2016, 13:50:44 »
http://www.nikon-image.com/products/slr/lineup/d3300/

To the right of the "D3300" name below the top image, you should see a small gray square icon which indicates that the product is obsolete.

D3300 was released in February 2014, so it is about high time for the replacement of an entry level model.

The follower should be named D3500, according to Nikon's recent practice of naming their models.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
Re: D3300 replacement on the horizon?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 15:57:09 »
Oh dear - time flies. My 3200 must represent the Stone Age by now ... Still working perfectly, by the way.

I want a blue or violet camera body. Then I'll convert it to UV to match my red 5300 for IR :D

BW

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Børge Wahl-Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 16:30:53 »
Oh dear - time flies. My 3200 must represent the Stone Age by now ... Still working perfectly, by the way.

I want a blue or violet camera body. Then I'll convert it to UV to match my red 5300 for IR :D

Hehe.. The "Justin Bieber-edition" are long awaited by thirteen year old girls and Bjørn Rørslett ;D

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 16:35:23 »

No worries, Bjørn.  There WILL be a red version which you could coat with clear blue and, voila, you will have a nice purple body.  :D

Seriously I would suspect that Nikon decided to put an end to the production of the soon-to-be-obsolete-anyway D3300 due to the affected Sony sensor factory in Kumamoto, and concentrate on the development of the following model.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 16:49:03 »
Hehe.. The "Justin Bieber-edition" are long awaited by thirteen year old girls and Bjørn Rørslett ;D

can't wait to compare their creations!