Gear Talk > What the Nerds Do

Dismantling the 35mm f/2.8 Ai

(1/7) > >>

richardHaw:
https://richardhaw.com/2016/05/28/repair-nikkor-35mm-f2-8-ai/
Just finished the latest post in my repair blog :o :o :o
pretty simple lens.

Thomas G:
Richard, the title says: 35/1.2  :o I think I may like one  8)

The article is a pleasure to read and full of valuable knowledge, even if you consider it a simple lens yourself.
Thank you.

Jacques Pochoy:
As for each of your articles, this one is a real pleasure to read, almost as mesmerizing as a Conan Doyle novel :D. While I don't mess anymore with my lenses and cameras, I do find those mechanical and optical feats fascinating !
I'm happy now, as I have a very good shop with Nikon credentials that do it for me, as he even salvage old parts (to his boss annoyance, about using space in the shop) so I can have some AI'sed lenses with the original second hand parts, just as some thorough cleaning of my lenses.

Still, I think it's almost a lost art in our kleenex world and applaud your sharing it with the rest of the world... :)

richardHaw:

--- Quote from: Thomas G on May 28, 2016, 19:09:12 ---Richard, the title says: 35/1.2  :o I think I may like one  8)

The article is a pleasure to read and full of valuable knowledge, even if you consider it a simple lens yourself.
Thank you.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Thomas!
The title was corrected :o :o :o
It is pretty simple. Its like a VW beetle for people who wanted to start car restoration or a seiko 5 for watchmakers ::)
but as usual, beginners will screw their first attempt. that's normal :D

richardHaw:

--- Quote from: Jacques Pochoy on May 28, 2016, 19:11:46 ---As for each of your articles, this one is a real pleasure to read, almost as mesmerizing as a Conan Doyle novel :D. While I don't mess anymore with my lenses and cameras, I do find those mechanical and optical feats fascinating !
I'm happy now, as I have a very good shop with Nikon credentials that do it for me, as he even salvage old parts (to his boss annoyance, about using space in the shop) so I can have some AI'sed lenses with the original second hand parts, just as some thorough cleaning of my lenses.

Still, I think it's almost a lost art in our kleenex world and applaud your sharing it with the rest of the world... :)

--- End quote ---
Thanks, Jacques! that was very encouraging!
i hope that my guides are useful for beginners and veteran repairmen. it is always nice to see someone do it before you do so that you know what to fix and expect. just last night, my notes came in handy for a repairman of 40 years :o :o :o somebody gave him a lens with the helicoids undone and with my notes, he saved plenty of time looking for where the helicoids should mate ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version