Author Topic: Adapting  (Read 1611 times)

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Adapting
« on: May 27, 2016, 01:38:46 »
Some work to do today with less than ideal conditions and some gear failure -remote flash triggering stop working half way through the session-. Because I had to adapt some different images came out. Very close to "beyond any sane assumption", meaning 50mm 1.4 @1.4, 6400 iso, pushed up to 1 whole step more in pp.
  Oh, I forgot, because the flash stopped working, I tried the two green buttons reset, meaning from that point on, I only have jpgs  ::) One of those days...
  All this to say I do like this shots and if you agree or not, C&C is always welcome.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Adapting
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 04:55:21 »
You would have confirmed that it never rains...  But you successfully turned the pinch into the chance.

The images carry the fitting atmosphere of the ones taken during the Carmen Amaya period.  :)

Consciously or subconsciously, you offered a good lesson to me: never do the green button reset.  :D
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 16:13:28 »
Thanks Akira. It surprise me how much you know of this specific -for folklore- theme. Impressive.

About the green button, happy to be of service :)

Thanks for the input.

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 16:32:43 »
Thanks Akira. It surprise me how much you know of this specific -for folklore- theme. Impressive.

About the green button, happy to be of service :)

Thanks for the input.

I used to be member of a group that played the music of Paco de Lucia sextet.  The leader was a Japanese flamenco guitarist who had studied flamenco for ten years in Spain and a good friend of Paco himself.  He (the leader) used to play me different videos of Sabicas and Carmen Amaya.  I had been so impressed by her dance and life, and later purchased a CD/DVD set celebrating her legacy.

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 17:33:43 »
I used to be member of a group that played the music of Paco de Lucia sextet.  The leader was a Japanese flamenco guitarist who had studied flamenco for ten years in Spain and a good friend of Paco himself.  He (the leader) used to play me different videos of Sabicas and Carmen Amaya.  I had been so impressed by her dance and life, and later purchased a CD/DVD set celebrating her legacy.
  That´s not an easy call. What did you play? I´m a big fan of his music. Just by chance I used to be Camaron de la Isla´s neighbor. I lived at 2 left and he at 3 right :)
   Carmen Amaya and Sabicas, what a pair. No wonder you know :)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 23:16:32 »
I play the fretless bass.  Carles Benavent is well worth challenging.  :)

You used to be neighbor of Camaron?  What a treat!

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 01:03:14 »
Akira, I am officially impressed!!!