Author Topic: Tamron 15-30 F/2.8  (Read 10160 times)

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
Re: Tamron 15-30 F/2.8
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2016, 15:27:28 »
Well, it seems this thread needs some TLC. Some more with the Tammy from a recent outing. Not all have been processed "naturally"  ;D
Hans Cremers

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2016, 20:07:39 »
Thank you Hans.

I bought this lens mainly for astro-landscape photography. Because it is pretty sharp even wide open, it does this very well.

A great set of photographs here on page one.

Somehow I missed this thread earlier??

Thank You!

Dave Hartman
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2016, 21:32:22 »
Thanks Dave.

Peter has the great photographs, i was the OP.
Hans Cremers

PeterN

• NG Member
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2016, 08:41:21 »
Congratulations, Hans!

The lens gets superb reviews, e.g. at photographylife. I am sure you will be happy with it.

I had bought this lens but brought it back the next day and changed it for the 14-24. That lens was easier to hold for me. May sound stupid but it was worth the extra money to me. Do you like the handling?

As far as optical performance goes, both lenses seem to be doing very good, but I am not a lens expert. I don't think the 14-24 would have done better when I look at your photos. The flare looks nice.   I like the photo where you see the sun-stars in the air and in the water. Well spotted! BTW, nice weather; no clouds. ;-)

I ended up selling the 14-24 as I've found that I prefer 24mm and I do not like the perspectives lower than 18-20mm. Perhaps when I intend to shoot more landscapes, I may add a 18mm for those situations where 24 is not enough.

On the other hand, you can do crazy things in other fields as well. For example, the perspective works great when you shoot watches on cars, where the watch and the car could be seen in full glory. But you have to leave people out of the picture. ;-)

Anyway, enjoy the lens. You won't regret it.
Peter

HCS

• NG Supporter
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2016, 09:08:18 »
Thanks Peter!

I am enjoying the lens. On my D810, it balances quite nicely. I can hold the combo at the base of the lens and the balance is neigh on perfect.

It is heavy though, but that goes for the 14-24 as well.

By the way, the pictures earlier in the thread are of some time past, not so recent. Good news, today again no clouds  8) 8)
Hans Cremers