Author Topic: !DAILY UPDATES! May. 366 days: your 2016 in photographs  (Read 48888 times)

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: !DAILY UPDATES! May. 366 days: your 2016 in photographs
« Reply #315 on: May 30, 2016, 23:34:31 »
Today for me was hiking in the Lake District with friends  :)

Simone Tomasi

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #316 on: May 31, 2016, 06:21:44 »
Buddy, you may disagree and I would not mind,
but I think while the PP trend is good and it almost works, maybe a bit more Buena Vista colors, think clearer blue hues, and shadows, which could fall in some more blackness?
It tends to follow the airy light and fine graduated tones of your nature shots, while I see this city could needs a touch of harshness.
Pleasant shot and framing beside that to present a nice car and the mood of the scene.

"Selective color" in Photoshop can be your friend here
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #317 on: May 31, 2016, 06:22:26 »

Do we manage to know them?
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #318 on: May 31, 2016, 07:55:55 »
May 29.  Hydrangeas are being in full bloom here in Tokyo.
Nice blue colours.  They are very early, here all is still in the button-phase. Warmer climate in Tokyo?

simato73

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #319 on: May 31, 2016, 07:58:56 »
Do we manage to know them?

Alice and Mark, not pictured here and unknown to you, but still happy to oblige  ;)
Simone Tomasi

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #320 on: May 31, 2016, 08:39:22 »
Nice blue colours.  They are very early, here all is still in the button-phase. Warmer climate in Tokyo?

Thanks, John.  Yes, I was attracted their nice rich blue.  In Tokyo, it was very hot (not warm!) during the daytime.  Actually since the end of April, there has been nothing to post to "In search of spring" thread anymore.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #321 on: May 31, 2016, 08:59:34 »
Ah thank you. That explains the full blooming hydrangeas. This blue is very soft indeed. The colours tend to be harsher here.

the solitaire

• NG Member
« Reply #322 on: May 31, 2016, 09:37:10 »
Nice flowers Lars, I like the first one particularly.   

For me is the noise in the green distracting, Frank.  I like yesterday's purple-red more.

Cool reflection and colours, Bruno. 

Great atmosphere Buddy, I first thought it was a street in Havana.  You yellowed it a bit?

More then just a bit and more then just yellowing John. I made a lightroom preset that gives me a rough baseline in this direction. Sometimes I like to move away from color correction and instead try to process towards a certain painterly style or the look of old faded photographs.
Buddy

the solitaire

• NG Member
« Reply #323 on: May 31, 2016, 09:42:22 »
Buddy, you may disagree and I would not mind,
but I think while the PP trend is good and it almost works, maybe a bit more Buena Vista colors, think clearer blue hues, and shadows, which could fall in some more blackness?
It tends to follow the airy light and fine graduated tones of your nature shots, while I see this city could needs a touch of harshness.

Pleasant shot and framing beside that to present a nice car and the mood of the scene.

Thomas, I will give that and a few other things a try. You just gave me the nudge that pointed me in a direction I could take with this photo, and one that I had not thought of yet.

Maybe I'm stuck in a routine again, because you aptly compare to my other photos where this certainly deserves a different approach.

Critisism is always welcome. I think change is the driving force for growth and growth is the direction for photography in my opinion. Never stop learning, always strive to improve, learn, try, fail and start over :)
Buddy

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #324 on: May 31, 2016, 10:11:15 »
I agree, Buddy. Continuous improvement never stops.

It's also refreshing (and a break in routine) trying and using other post-processing tools.  (Apart from other tools like lenses (and camera's in a lesser extent))

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #325 on: May 31, 2016, 14:20:08 »
I have to find a better way to mix that down. Colors looked much stronger in real life.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #326 on: May 31, 2016, 14:31:20 »
May 31rd 2016  Very cloudy, but little rain...

Art-work called 'The Sun Also Rises' by the artist Matthew Filipowski made in 1984.

Df  28/4 PC  Ai

Fons Baerken

• NG Supporter
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/fonsbaerken/
« Reply #327 on: May 31, 2016, 16:13:46 »
May 31 2016

Lars Hansen

• NG Member
  • Zealand, Denmark
« Reply #328 on: May 31, 2016, 21:22:40 »

I like that view Simone  :)

Art-work called 'The Sun Also Rises' by the artist Matthew Filipowski made in 1984.

I can't imagine the sun, but I assume it is the steel sculpture that is rising..   

I have to find a better way to mix that down. Colors looked much stronger in real life.

The first one works best imo. - blueish and yellow .. nice use of complementary colours.

Fons - very soft rose! One can almost smell it.

Thanks Frank, Bruno and John .. for commenting on my Rododendron shots from yesterday.

May 31. The last spring shot. I have two big Laburnum trees just outside my bedroom windows. Lovely view these days - and nice scent when I open the windows. Sorry I didn't clean the windows.. 

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #329 on: May 31, 2016, 23:04:43 »
I was at a data protection agency today. It's so "data protection" that even my reflection in the mirror is obfuscated.
Everything on the phone ...
Bruno Schröder