Author Topic: Does this make sense?  (Read 7350 times)

pkol

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: Does this make sense?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2016, 21:56:48 »
Thanks Jorgen and everyone for all your thoughts.

After considering all the inputs received here I sold all the Fuji equipment (still have a X100s) and bought a D750+24-120 f/4.

I also "tested" the D500 at Photografica, here in Copenhagen, but ultimately decided against it. Mainly due to the slight advantage of the D750 at high ISO and the fact that I do not own any DX lenses. One of the reasons for selling the Fuji was to concentrate on building up my Nikon lens collection. Going DX would mean that I would at least buy one walk around DX lens (probably 16-80 f/2.8-4) and while I can mount that on my D810 it wouldn't make any sense to do so.

So far I'm quite happy with the D750. I was never able to get a shot like the one below with the Fuji, not saying it is not possible I just couldn't get it.

Many thanks again for all your thoughts.

D750+70-200 f/4

Paulo Kol

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 21:58:32 »
Congrats. Enjoy your new camera.
Jørgen Ramskov

richardHaw

• Cute Panda from the East...
  • NG Supporter
  • Your lens loverboy
    • Classic Nikkor Maintenance and DIY
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 01:45:47 »
congratulations!

Fuji has been very aggressive marketing their products, in fact they even have 1 day free rentals here in Japan! They are also very fast to point out the Xpro2 with the vastly improved AF. I agree that it is an awesome camera but it is just not for me :o :o :o

David H. Hartman

• NG Member
  • I Doctor Photographs... :)
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2016, 13:55:29 »
I was never able to get a shot like the one below with the Fuji, not saying it is not possible I just couldn't get it.
~~~
D750+70-200 f/4

Nice shot!

Enjoy your new camera.

Best,

Dave Hartman
Beatniks are out to make it rich
Oh no, must be the season of the witch!