Author Topic: Top-Rated Macro Lens by Coin Collectors  (Read 5727 times)

Jyda

• NG Member
  • Enjoy
    • My photography page
Re: Top-Rated Macro Lens by Coin Collectors
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 12:08:07 »
So what does this mean?

To reverse this lens, you need a 52mm reversing ring. The problem is that the 52mm lens threads are not of a standard thread pitch

I'm not familiar with reversing lenses, but does it not refer to the filter threads?
Johnny Dahlén

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 13:02:42 »
Sorry, my Nikkor-O takes any 52 mm thread parts I have tried so far. That includes the use of reversal rings. Thus nothing unusual about its front threads ...

I did notice a comment about a different pitch, but either my lens hasn't got this, or it does not create a problem. Thus why bother?

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 13:18:39 »
In an nutshell, none of us understand what this author is talking about.   :o :o :o
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 13:19:52 »
Looking at these coin-collectors charts coming from a group of photographers I don't know that well was a way for me to verify what I already knew from experience, such as that the CRT-Nikkor was very, very sharp. I love that sharpness, but I also love the speed of that lens and the curvature that is there. In that sense it is a flawed lens, but a "perfectly" flawed lens for my work. For example, except for a certain kind of work, I don't care that much if the corners are sharp. I like when the sharpness rolls off in the corners.

I have flat lenses with sharp corners for doing copy-like work and have done a ton of it, like taking 33,000 shots of rock n' roll concert posters on a vacuum table that I built using the Micro-Nikkor 60mm lenses.. Anyway, looking at those lists was a treat, a confirmation of my own ability to see these differences.

MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 13:38:18 »
Michael, I was just referring to the mysterious "non-standard 52mm front thread" of Nokkor-O.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Michael Erlewine

• Close-Up Photographer
  • NG Supporter
  • Close-Up with APO
    • Spirit Grooves
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2016, 14:10:50 »
I know. I was talking about the charts and the CRT-Nikkor independently of your remark. As for the thread, often the pitch of the thread is what they a talking about.
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com, Daily Blog at https://www.facebook.com/MichaelErlewine. main site: SpiritGrooves.net, https://www.youtube.com/user/merlewine, Founder: MacroStop.com, All-Music Guide, All-Movie Guide, Classic Posters.com, Matrix Software, DharmaGrooves.com

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2016, 17:16:40 »
A Series 7 filter is 50.8mm 54.346mm 36 threads per inch so should/could not be mistaken for a 52mm filter thread, only know exception is 30.5mm filter that come in two but, all other normal mm lenses and filters come in specific pitch; either 0.5 mm, 0.75 mm or 1.0 mm depending on size,,,
Erik Lund