Author Topic: Anyone knowing more about this UV-VIS-NIR CERCO lens?  (Read 3356 times)

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
Anyone knowing more about this UV-VIS-NIR CERCO lens?
« on: March 13, 2016, 08:10:11 »
Well, got a tip from a friend and was able to secure that f1.8/45mm UV-VIS-NIR quartz fluorite lens for me...

Its speed makes it highly interesting...  ;)
formerly known as kds315

JCDowdy

• NG Supporter
Re: Anyone knowing more about this UV-VIS-NIR CERCO lens?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 19:24:41 »
Of course there is this leaflet from Sodern which you no doubt have seen. http://www.sodern.com/sites/docs_wsw/RUB_70/Leaflet_F45_UV_type_2073_Jan_2012.pdf

I hated to pass on it my friend, but knew you would give it a good home.  It is faster than even my Cerco 100 F/2.8 2078 !!

I am most eager to see how you get it mounted.
John C. Dowdy, Ph.D.

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 17:59:52 »
Of course there is this leaflet from Sodern which you no doubt have seen. http://www.sodern.com/sites/docs_wsw/RUB_70/Leaflet_F45_UV_type_2073_Jan_2012.pdf

I hated to pass on it my friend, but knew you would give it a good home.  It is faster than even my Cerco 100 F/2.8 2078 !!

I am most eager to see how you get it mounted.

Unfortunately it turned out to be rather useless for normal photography, as it has no iris mounted inside, its image circle is less than 25mm and it has some extreme tendency to flare (i.e. very low contrast) - all no wonder as it was made for very low light use in front of an active image intensifier, which this video camera actually has built in (channel plate).

But the whole system found its use for some UV-C project application I am currently working on.

Again, thanks John, very kind of you!
formerly known as kds315

JCDowdy

• NG Supporter
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 01:24:21 »
No aperture?   :'(
Then it seems not to be the same CERCO Type 2073 F/1.8 to F/16 lens described in the Sodern document. 
Very disappointing, glad you found some use for it anyway.
John C. Dowdy, Ph.D.

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 17:45:24 »
No aperture?   :'(
Then it seems not to be the same CERCO Type 2073 F/1.8 to F/16 lens described in the Sodern document. 
Very disappointing, glad you found some use for it anyway.

No, it is the same optical system, but some modified/simplified version of that very same lens.
Pretty useless for normal photography then...
formerly known as kds315