Author Topic: [Portfolio] Some Recent Work  (Read 5131 times)

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• Nature and Landscape Photographer, Educated as a press Photographer for almost 30 years ago.
  • NG Member
  • You and me, -Are the real legacy of Nikon
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
[Portfolio] Some Recent Work
« on: June 11, 2015, 09:30:57 »
Hi again you all! 
First of all; I´m so exited that Bjørn got to "reopen" this wonderful site, wishing you all a great experience with the site!

I´m starting of with a load of recent landscape work, after all landscape is what I do most of and is the main pursuing reason for my photography. As many of you already know I´m actually educated as a Press Photographer but as I've been very sick for 17 years until 2010 I haven't been doing much of this in those years.
And until 2012 I had seen myself more as an analog photographer than a digital one, although I have owned several digital bodies while I was sick (as the D1X, D100, D200), I never learned much according to the digital workflow and so on before back in 2012 when I had bought my D2X and really started to photograph again, this time not in press/documentary but in nature and landscapes. After I had recovered from my illness I felt I had to do something that really mattered to me, not only what mattered for my wallet.. So my learning curve has been somewhat drastic and steep, learned much from good friends like Bjørn Rørslett and Jørn borger, and picked up a lot by myself, (fully trained I will never be..).
But, enough of this, let's get started on the topic, shall we..

The last months I haven't been satisfied with my work, not at all. I don't know if it is because I've moved and gotten to another kind of nature/landscape than I usually prefer, or if it is something else. Anyway, here's a short "list" of my recent landscape work;

"The colour of light is almighty, it gives us not only day and night but the entire shape of life" - Patrick Pedersen

-Proud Nikon FE2 owner since a age of 9!-

Patrick Berg-Pedersen

• Nature and Landscape Photographer, Educated as a press Photographer for almost 30 years ago.
  • NG Member
  • You and me, -Are the real legacy of Nikon
    • Patrick Berg-Pedersen
Re: Some Recent Work
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 09:45:41 »
Unfortunately I've not sure how I can input images and text at the same time, so right now I'm not able to comment on specific images as I would like to.
"The colour of light is almighty, it gives us not only day and night but the entire shape of life" - Patrick Pedersen

-Proud Nikon FE2 owner since a age of 9!-

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 11:11:29 »
We're actually struggling to achieve this. If you do linking to an external site (using the IMG BBC-code tags), inline embedding works fine, but there is no resizing. If you use attachments, files are stored locally and as of now, only shows as clickable thumbnail below the text. These thumbnails can be clicked open to a larger size, though.

Getting a solution probably is about finding the correct setting(s) in the forum software, which is new to the Admin crew too.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 11:27:04 »
huge pictures of huge landscapes. very generous.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Mikes

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 15:02:35 »
Beautiful images here, Patrick. You are obviously enjoying your art, and you should be happy with these! Keep going with your landscapes
Mike Selby - Sydney

antonoat

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 19:49:59 »
Fabulous images Patrick, really enjoyable series.
It's almost like being there, great to see other parts of the world without even having to travel, when we don't have the time.

Tony(wildoat)
Tony Oaten

Lance B

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 15:41:48 »
SOme stunning images in that series, Patrick. Some great compositions and subject matter all presented beautifully.  :)

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 20:44:18 »
Patrick, I like your landscapes in general, and there are many pleasing images here, too!
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 20:53:56 »
As you know - I have always enjoyed your photography and your personal style you added. Glad you are here.
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Ian stuart Forsyth

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 06:19:29 »
Some very nice work !

The_Traveler

• NG Member
  • Good to be here at the NikonGear
    • lewlortonphoto.com
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 04:44:58 »
Some glorious, and unique, viewpoints.

I wish they were numbered so that responses to individual ones were made easier.
Lew Lorton
The_Traveler
a non-technical shooter