Author Topic: B&W in camera  (Read 4381 times)

golunvolo

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: B&W in camera
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2016, 13:05:00 »
You get my point. Thanks for the options. To try to answer your comments:

I have 5 personal presets in Lr as starting points for bw and an unhealthy amount of downloaded presets from internet that I almost never use.
   Haven´t tried viewNX2 yet. I´m in my way out for a couple of days but will try soon
   The closest I have found with 1 click conversion is through AlienSkin exposure 7. I use it a lot.
   Thanks Frank, I´m blushing here...
   I wonder if Adobe have tried to make a "one fits all" or camera developers keep some tricks for themselves. Probably both...
   I like my camera more and more with each use. The features it has are perfect for me and the shortcomings are not to limiting for my shooting style as well.
    The steps and settings for in camera monochrome conversión:

1 view and image, press the "i" button
   2 Retouch
   3 NEF processing
   4 MC*: sharpening 4.00; clarity +1; contrast +1; brightness 0.00; filter effects "off"; toning "bw"
   5 need to execute to save it. In "fine" jpg it creates, for that last image of the couple, a 12.6 mb very detailed file ready to print.

"MC*"  meaning monochrome modified   

afx

• NG Member
  • Grumpy Bavarian from Munich
    • AFXImages
Re: B&W in camera
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2016, 17:19:42 »
Paco,
the in cam JPGs are quite hard, maybe I should try this also with my D750, I like it that way.

In LR or C1, I typically increase contrast (via curves, not so much the slider),
increase micro contrast (clarity) and then I play with the color sliders.
Most of the time the first in the series can easily work as a template for the rest.

cheers
afx