Author Topic: The classic Nikkors: 28 mm f/2  (Read 55417 times)

MarcelvanEngen

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Re: The classic Nikkors: 28 mm f/2
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2018, 22:36:05 »
Hi Erik,
Only the 28mm has such cover.
Any other focus length from that time (auto H, O, Q, S,) hasn't: so I wonder what is it? ::)

Roland Vink

• NG Supporter
  • Nikon Nerd from New Zealand
    • Nikon Database
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2018, 22:45:58 »
Nice looking lens! You are right, I haven't seen this feature on any other Nikkor. I believe the cover can be pried off to reveal a screw for assembly/disassembly or for adjusting the lens. Hopefully someone with more knowledge (Eric, Richard?) can confirm this.

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2018, 05:59:29 »
I had a copy of this lens pre-digital.  I always assumed the round metal thing was a service cover of some sort.  My copy had beautiful image sharpness at all stops, but also had a fairly pronounced yellow color tint.  The yellow tint...and the round thing... were eliminated when Nikon redesigned the lens for the 'New Nikkor' styling change of the early 1970's.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2018, 10:06:41 »
Sorry for my ignorance, but for what stands the acronym « CRC » for, used throughout the last four pages ? Thanks.
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2018, 10:18:03 »
Close Range Correction

The Close-Range Correction (CRC) system is one of Nikon's most important focusing innovations, for it provides superior picture quality at close focusing distances and increases the focusing range. With CRC, the lens elements are configured in a "floating element" design wherein each lens group moves independently to achieve focusing. This ensures superior lens performance even when shooting at close distances. The CRC system is used in fisheye, wideangle, Micro, and selected medium telephoto NIKKOR lenses.
Erik Lund

MFloyd

• NG Supporter
  • My quest for the "perfect" speed blur
    • Adobe Portfolio
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2018, 10:53:07 »
Thank you Erik 😉
Γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2018, 11:30:56 »
Erik, does CRC effectively change the focal length, like the micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 D, where the working distance diminishes rapidly the closer you get, I know that's naturaly the case but it disappears more much quickly than a micro Nikkor 55mm f/2.8 AI due the the reducing foal length as a way of getting to 1:1 without extension tubes.

Hope that makes sense...
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2018, 13:40:44 »
Yes, it does change it slightly.
Erik Lund

Seapy

• NG Member
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2018, 14:58:56 »
Yes, it does change it slightly.

Thanks, good to know.
Robert C. P.
South Cumbria, UK

MarcelvanEngen

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2018, 22:36:53 »
Thank you Erik, Roland, Pluton for suggestions. Appreciated.
Opposite of this position there is a tiny grub screw on the focussing ring which holds the sloping front of the focus ring (in front of the scalloped focussing ring)
It will stay a mystery.... as I am reluctant to take this plastic cover off to have a look I surely will leave marks on this plastic cover. Indeed plastic....
Presumable the first piece of plastic introduced on a Nikon Auto series lens :-) (beside the lens caps of course)  ;D ;D

DerrickAntoine

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2019, 00:16:28 »
I have an Ai version, and it is my most used lens. It is compact, easy to use, and does a great job. I take it with me to document jobs and job sites, and I also use it when just playing with my camera. It phentermine otc works as well on my D700 as it does on my FE2.

These aren't artistic photos, but you can see what the little 28mm f/2.0 can do.

The first picture is an example of documenting a job site.

The second is a picture of a metal sculpture from a local artist, which was out in a field near his shop. The 28/2 allowed me to get a nice perspective on a life-sized sculpture. The third is a sculpture from the same artist, but this time, the photo is focused in closely on its snout and teeth.

If I was stuck with only two prime lenses, I'd keep this one and a 100mm macro. In fact, most of the time, that's exactly what I carry.

quality presents is every inch how should a classic lens should be defined

EricPleasant

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2019, 14:11:09 »
I have an Ai version, and it is my most used supplements comparable to phentermine available over the counter here lens. It is compact, easy to use, and does a great job with these . to him take it with me to document jobs and job sites, and I also use it while  when just playing with my camera. It works as well on my D700 as it does on my FE2.

These aren't artistic photos, but you can see what the little 28mm f/2.0 can do.

The second is a picture of a metal sculpture from a local artist, which was out in a field near his shop. The 28/2 allowed me to get a nice perspective on a life-sized sculpture. The third is a sculpture from the same artist, but this time, the photo is focused in closely on its snout and teeth.
Hi! I have Ai version too, bought it few years ago but still feel like love it the most . Still I like clicking pictures by it . It exactly feels like compact.  :D

JosephAustin

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2019, 00:43:26 »
I have an Ai version, and it is my most used lens. It is compact, easy to use, and does a great job. I take it with viasil https://ncaids.org/viasil-review-and-results/ me to document jobs and job sites, and I also use it when just playing with my camera. It works as well on my D700 as it does on my FE2.

The second is a picture of a metal sculpture from a local artist, which was out in a field near his shop. The 28/2 allowed me to get a nice perspective on a life-sized sculpture. The third is a sculpture from  the same artist, but this time, the photo is focused in closely on its snout and teeth.

If I was stuck with only two prime lenses, I'd keep this one and a 100mm macro. In fact, most of the time, that's exactly what I carry.

Throughout the years he checked out numerous Nikkors and suggested that this one is worth a deeper look despite being a manual focus lens.

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2019, 08:38:58 »
Two examples with the Nikkor 28mm  f/2  (K version)

And

Also in topic of   June 2019.  http://nikongear.net/revival/index.php/topic,8586.300.html

Peter Forsell

• NG Member
  • A Cunning Linguist
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2019, 18:40:30 »
AIS 28/2

20190628-_P3F7836d by foppa2011, on Flickr

20190622-_P3F7238b by foppa2011, on Flickr