Author Topic: Hasselblad 500 c/m  (Read 2470 times)

marco

• NG Member
  • Enjoy life
Hasselblad 500 c/m
« on: January 12, 2016, 19:14:13 »
A customer from my work came to me today to tell that she wants to sell her husband's Hasselbad who passed away a few years ago.
She knows that i am into photography and asked me if i was interested in buying this camera.
I don't want to give her a wrong price so i hope that within this community there is someone who could give me advice of what i should pay for it.
She doesn't know the lens that is on (she will look into that this week) but she told me that it comes in a case with an extra casette and that it is an Hasselblad 500 c/m in perfect condition.
I've looked for it on the internet and see that the price is around €500,00.
Any advice/comment is much appreciated.

Marco.
Marco slaghuis

Roland Vink

• NG Member
  • Nikon Nerd from New Zealand
    • Nikon Database
Re: Hasselblad 500 c/m
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 20:40:41 »
For current market price, take a look at ebay. If you have an ebay account also check completed items so you can see what they actually sell for (compared to the asking prices which are sometimes unrealistic)
I sometimes also look at the prices at www.keh.com - their prices are generally higher than on ebay because they offer a warranty but it can be a useful guide.

pluton

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 19:45:07 »
As always, the speed with which you wish to unload the merchandise comes into play:  Lower price increases the odds of selling quickly, higher price will take longer.
Keith B., Santa Monica, CA, USA

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 20:12:25 »
True. Have patience and eventually the stuff will be shifted to new owner(s). However, the heydays of film gear have passed by and prices now have almost fallen through the floor. So some realism has to be applied as far as sales prices go.

marco

• NG Member
  • Enjoy life
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 15:40:13 »
I totally agree and what i do not want is a beautifull camera put away just to look at and use maybe twice a year..I will have a look on what they sell for on ebay and give my opinion to her this week.

thx marco.
Marco slaghuis

Eric Borgström

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • Eric´s pictures
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 22:51:43 »
Hasselblad sells an exellent digital back, the CFV-50c, for the 500 model. A bit pricy though although precently  on a 40% discount.