Author Topic: Hosted on Flickr question  (Read 5731 times)

greben

• Southeast Pennsylvania, USA
  • NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • My Facebook Photo Page
Re: Hosted on Flickr question
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2015, 19:09:10 »
I added the img tags, but it seems that copy from mobile Flickr copies the static URL. It is the original size though.

Thanks for the comment. The image is one of few color IR I process.
Greg Benic

Here is more of my shiznit: Model Mayhem | Flickr | GreBenOgraphy

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 09:40:22 »
... since getting this iPad, I can't seem to figure out how to copy the link from the pop up window. iHate Apple products, .

Hi Greben, in addition to the advice from Andrea, it's worth noting that your experience on most websites will be affectd by the device and software used.

It took me ages to get used to some aspects of my elderly iPad2 - the first time I'd used an Apple product. Googling for solutions didn't initially help much till I realised that the browser software on some tablets is a cut down version. In addition, many websites try to detect what you're using and offer a "mobile-friendly" version of the site. This may try to cope with the reduced screen size they think you have, but can also change or remove many features.

The end result is that things you try on your "main" computer may work differently on a tablet or other device. In frustration, I often went back to one of my older posts and copied the BBC strings into the new message I was struggling to make.

Finally, I can't comment on how much this affects our current Nikongear as I kind of mentally filter this out now. I certainly got very annoyed with this issue on the previous older Nikongear site that was run by a different team and used different hosting s/w. And whilst I won't buy another Apple product again, I've also had to wrestle with this when viewing sites on my Android phone.

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 22:50:20 »
I downloaded the Flickr app for my iPad and did not have any better experience trying to copy/paste a photo url for posting here. Like, sheesh!