Author Topic: Hello, again!  (Read 2347 times)

ThomasAdams

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Hello, again!
« on: December 22, 2015, 03:31:33 »
Hello everyone,

As I look around I see so many familiar faces as well as new ones. I left NG some time ago, and one thing I have always regretted was leaving the friends that I made. I had spent many hours there on the forums, making images and learning - And for awhile having a lot of fun. I also spent many hours behind the scenes working on the website as well as participating in some of the non-public areas (POTW nominations at the time etc.etc.) Then things started changing and I began to question why, and was met with what I perceived as hostility. Essentially I had a falling out with the owner and picked up and left. Since that time I have probably ventured or caught a glimpse of the site (email or accidentally clicking my speed dial) just a few times. In retrospect I don't regret leaving, I do however regret losing some friendships I had made by not keeping in touch. For that I do apologize and I hope that you will welcome me back.

In the meantime, things health-wise have improved for me. My wife and I now have teenagers instead of toddlers. I am no longer working as an engineer and instead went back to my roots as a welder/fabricator (I want to go back to school!). I still enjoy making images, but have not done so in some time. I held onto my Nikon D3, and most of my glass - but I do miss my 70-200 VR (Version 1). I hope contributing here will once again inspire me (I know that sounds a bit selfish :-[ ) but I really want to get out of my "photoless rut".  :)

Best regards,
Tom Adams

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Re: Hello, again!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 04:05:26 »
Tom, welcome aboard!  Hope you enjoy visiting here.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 07:09:59 »
In Germany we describe people who act against their own interest as "shooting oneself in their knee."

We had a tragic figure at  FZ. It is a pity. So many talented an good willed people were driven away.

That is why we are here and try to make it better.

Welcome!!!
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Bruno Schroder

• NG Supporter
  • Future is the only way forward
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 09:32:56 »
Welcome here, Tom, wishing you the same impact this site as on me. It is very often a kick in the butt to go and shoot, differently and different things, particularly the serial threats. I would never have thought I would think about shooting pipe organs :)
Bruno Schröder

Olivier

• NG Member
  • Olivier Anthony
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 10:24:14 »
Hello Thomas, I remember you very well and am glad to hear from you again!

Jakov Minić

• Jakov Minic
  • Global Moderator
  • The Hague, The Netherlands
    • Jakov Minić
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 11:04:30 »
Tom, you are most welcome to join us :)
Free your mind and your ass will follow. - George Clinton
Before I jump like monkey give me banana. - Fela Kuti
Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem. - Woody Allen

ThomasAdams

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 04:02:02 »
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I appreciate it greatly! Looking forward to seeing your photos and reading your comments on the forums.

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 12:21:37 »
Welcome back Tom, I recognised you by your profile image :)
Cheers,
Jan Anne

ThomasAdams

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 06:37:31 »
Thank you Jan Anne,

It is great to see you here! I chose that image just in case people may recognize it. I should really update it!

Best regards,
Tom

Hello everyone,

As I look around I see so many familiar faces as well as new ones. I left NG some time ago, and one thing I have always regretted was leaving the friends that I made.

I just re-read what I wrote and immediately wanted to make an edit but am unable to do so! Above is the edit and wow, am I embarrassed!

Jan Anne

• Noob
  • Global Moderator
  • Holland
    • Me on Flickr
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2015, 07:38:31 »
No worries, I think we all knew what you meant :)

I've updated your post, you have 48 hours to edit your posts after that just ask the admins to correct or delete things.
Cheers,
Jan Anne

helioer

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear - I am happy
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 13:27:42 »
Hello again. Nice to meet the old gang.

Erkki
Erkki
D3s, D3, D200, D70, Nikkor 14-24/2.8G, 20/1.8G, 24-70/2.8G, 28/1.8G, 70-200/2.8G VR, 300/2.8G VR1, 200-400/4G VR2, 60/2.8D+105/2.8D micro, 85/1.4G, 16/2.8D, 50/1.4G, 500/8 C, 10.5/2.8, 18-70, 18-200, TC-14 E II, TC-17 E II, TC-20 E III SB800's SBR200's
Sigma 8/3.5 EX, 12-24 EX, 150/2.8 OS EX

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 19:32:40 »
Welcome back.
Jørgen Ramskov

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 09:22:24 »
Welcome! Post, sit back and relax, enjoy the new site and a smile will appear every time you recognize a name or a face ;)
Erik Lund