Author Topic: # ...one day in FRANKFURT  (Read 17444 times)

BEZ

• NG Member
  • RC51
Re: # ...one day in FRANKFURT
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2015, 00:35:20 »
Cool shot Gary and the HCB border gives it added authenticity. I have always been impressed, and liked borders included in prints.

I expect you normally left a little room in the framing for the editor. I remember having to think of a magazine cover shot, leaving space for the title.

Only when asked. 99% of the time I filled the frame.

I used to hate having to create negative space, it goes against all my instincts.

Cool shot Gary and the HCB border gives it added authenticity. I have always been impressed, and liked borders included in prints.

I expect you normally left a little room in the framing for the editor. I remember having to think of a magazine cover shot, leaving space for the title.

Only when asked. 99% of the time I filled the frame.

Ah,I filed also the negative tray on the enlarger to get the HCB "truthness" ! Been doing that for so long that even when shooting digital I tend to add a fine black border to my pictures... It allows me to see if someone crops my pictures (mostly my main client, my school of Architecture) :-)

I love the idea of your modification to attain "truthness"  :-)
Bez

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2015, 12:37:50 »
Designated Love Area :)

Super nice street shooting!
Erik Lund

BEZ

• NG Member
  • RC51
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2015, 01:39:08 »
Designated Love Area :)

Super nice street shooting!

Thank you for coming back to the thread Erik, and the nice comment  :-)

Cheers
Bez
Bez

James Fitzgerald

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2015, 04:04:37 »
So nice to see your work here Anthony! So many images to digest. I hope I can contribute more meaningful comments soon. For now I'm just enjoying the show. The B&W processing is excellent as always, but, it's the casual spontaneity of your images  that I love. Not quite as easy as you make it look.
Excellent photography.

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2015, 07:09:30 »
Ah,I filed also the negative tray on the enlarger to get the HCB "truthness" ! Been doing that for so long that even when shooting digital I tend to add a fine black border to my pictures... It allows me to see if someone crops my pictures (mostly my main client, my school of Architecture) :-)
interesting idea...
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

John Geerts

• NG Supporter
  • Photojournalist in Tilburg, Netherlands
    • Tilburgers
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2015, 09:59:41 »
Great series Bez. #lust and #beers are my favorites, they have a kind of 'nostalgic' atmosphere with immediate impact.

BEZ

• NG Member
  • RC51
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2015, 16:56:19 »
So nice to see your work here Anthony! So many images to digest. I hope I can contribute more meaningful comments soon. For now I'm just enjoying the show. The B&W processing is excellent as always, but, it's the casual spontaneity of your images  that I love. Not quite as easy as you make it look.
Excellent photography.

Hello James,
I am so pleased you are here, and excited to hopefully see more of your images again. Although It does not make much sense written down, I always felt we had a different capture eye, but a similar vision for prints.

Cheers
Anthony :-)
Bez

BEZ

• NG Member
  • RC51
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2015, 17:00:31 »
Great series Bez. #lust and #beers are my favorites, they have a kind of 'nostalgic' atmosphere with immediate impact.

Hello John,
Thank you for the kind words, and for listing your favourites. It is interesting to me that everyone seems to prefer different images.

Cheers
Bez
Bez