Author Topic: [SOLD] Nikon Rayfact 105mm UV f/4.5 Lens, For sale.  (Read 11633 times)

Math247Ten

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
[SOLD] Nikon Rayfact 105mm UV f/4.5 Lens, For sale.
« on: November 24, 2015, 16:20:47 »
I am selling a Nikon Rayfact 105mm UV f/4.5 Lens
It is in excellent condition. Please see my listing for pictures.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272054634911?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Please feel free to ask me any questions or send any offers through the messaging system here. I am definitely open to offers, $8,500 was just a starting off point.

Edit: I altered the thread heading to indicate the lens now is sold. /Bjørn Rørslett

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
Rather pricey for a used Rayfact105. The brand new CO60 only costs $5700.
How old is this lens?

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
We talked about the price of the brand new Rayfact UV 105 recently here:

http://nikongear.net/revival/index.php/topic,2030.0.html
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Math247Ten

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Lens is from mid 2000s, 2004 or 2005 i believe. don't remember exact year. I think it was one of the early lens after Company 7 started production again. After a few uses it was put into a safe for storage since. Does someone have a good source for a new or used one of these? I have seen people saying what they "remember" or "think" but have yet to see an actual sale for a set price. Any help would be appreciated.

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
This board is reserved for questions and answers regarding  particular item(s) for sale.

Please keep further posts to that given purpose.

Regarding price, the "correct" one is what a buyer will pay. Rarely will that price be higher than the same item as new.

Andrea B.

• Technical Adviser
"Any help would be appreciated."

Nikon Rayfacts are an industrial lens manufactured and sold by the Nikon subsidiary Tochigi Nikon.
Here is a link: http://www.tochigi-nikon.co.jp/en/products/lens/uv.htm

Company 7 just sells them. Or did. Not sure what they are doing now.

Thanks for the age update, Math247Ten.

ADDED:  In the US, Daitron seems to be the distributor for Tochigi Nikon.
Here is a link: http://www.daitron.com/Machine_Vision_Lenses-c-6.html
Call them for some info.

ADDED:  In 2011 the Rayfact sold for around 600000 yen which is around $5000 currently. That's a little unbalanced because we need what the 2015 yen value is for the Rayfact.

Anyway, hope all this helps. And good luck with your sale.

Math247Ten

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Thanks for the links, 600,000 2011 yen is like 7000-8000 2011 dollars depending on the time of year. Obviously this is all relative, I called company 7 and they told me they are sold out until March of next year and could not give me a price.   

Akira

• Homo jezoensis
  • NG Supporter
  • Tokyo, Japan
Since 2013, USD has been around 120-125 JPY, which means that 600,000 JPY is 4800-5,000 USD.  Prior to that, USD was around 80 JPY, so 600,000 JPY is 7,500 USD.  The difference is huge, I would say.
"The eye is blind if the mind is absent." - Confucius

"Limitation is inspiration." - Akira

Math247Ten

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
I got a quote from Dalton for a new lens at $7195 with a 5-7 week lead time. I guess $8500 is definitely a no go then.

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
Lens is from mid 2000s, 2004 or 2005 i believe. don't remember exact year. I think it was one of the early lens after Company 7 started production again. After a few uses it was put into a safe for storage since. Does someone have a good source for a new or used one of these? I have seen people saying what they "remember" or "think" but have yet to see an actual sale for a set price. Any help would be appreciated.

Company7 sells those in the US (amongst other comapnies), but it is made by Tochigi Nikon in Japan and distributed worldwide by DAITRON to sellers like Company7.

As this lens is virtually identical to the Nikon UV-Nikkor 105mm, so a used one should sell at about the same price as those. 
formerly known as kds315

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
Btw. it is the 2nd ever made lens of the production series, maybe you get some collector to buy it (I had #11 once here for testing) ;-)
formerly known as kds315

Dr Klaus Schmitt

• NG Member
Btw. it is the 2nd ever made lens of the production series, maybe you get some collector to buy it (I had #11 once here for testing) ;-)

An the lens is from 2006
formerly known as kds315

Math247Ten

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
Thanks, That makes sense.

DDEVONA

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
what are you asking for your 105mm uv lens?

Math247Ten

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
$6400 now, But for a direct transaction outside eBay id definitely be willing to negotiate.