Images > Nature, Flora, Fauna & Landscapes

Winter night scenes from Fairbanks

<< < (3/3)

Jacques Pochoy:
Wow, great pictures ! One would expect some reindeers led sleigh flying by... :-)

Alex Cejka:
Thanks for posting these - looks awesome form here! :) We are still above freezing point here.

Gary:
Very nice images. I am glad you have the courage to venture out into -28C and snap away. (It is 63F right now and I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit before the pooch and I take our morning walk.)

Øivind Tøien:
Thanks for the further comment all of you. The dry air makes the cold more bearable, but it is nice to not venture too far away from the warm cabin at this time of of the year, still adapting to the cold.

With the arrival of a refurbished D7100 body, I have been into a period of testing - not too easy at these temperatures.
Some more images up the road from my cabin - first one with the 10.5mm on D7100. I liked how this body white balances the sodium vapor light, although here I switched to a custom WB in CNX2 to compare to my D5100.

NIKON D7100, f/2.8 @ 10.5 mm, 20s, ISO 400

Then the same scene with 12-24mm on the D5100. The color rendition is remarkably close to the D7100 if the custom WB in CNX2 and other settings are kept close to the same, and particularly considering these have sensors from two different manufacturers.

NIKON D5100, f/4.5 @ 12 mm, 20s, ISO 800

Another one from my neighborhood again:

NIKON D7100, f/3.2 @ 10.5 mm, 20s, ISO 500.

NIKON D7100, f/3.2 @ 10.5 mm, 15s, ISO 640

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version