Images > Nature, Flora, Fauna & Landscapes

Winter night scenes from Fairbanks

(1/3) > >>

Øivind Tøien:
For those missing the winter (I got a fairly recent reports of +20°C in Oslo...), here are some winter "street" scenes from Fairbanks captured a couple of days ago. Added bonus was some aurora, but at a chilly (lack of adaptation at this time of the year)  -28°C.

D5100, f/3.2 @ 10.5 mm, 20s, ISO 800

D5100, f/3.2 @ 10.5 mm, 20s, ISO 800

D5100,  12-24mm @ f/4.5 & 15 mm, 30s, ISO 800

Akira:
Beautifully atmospheric image, Øivind!  People living under servere conditions are rewarded with something beautiful by the mother nature.

Peter Connan:
Out-of-this-world images! Really like them.

Jakov Minić:
Øivind these are beautiful. Special for all of us who don't encounter -28ºC that often (never).
Whilst envy the opportunities for photography, as I said before, I doubt I would have the courage to get a camera out of my bag in such temperatures :)

Øivind Tøien:
Thanks for the kind comments all of you.
Getting used to cold is a matter of adaptation over time. 4 weeks ago I thought -5°C felt pretty cold. Now that it has warmed up to that level again from -28°C it feels almost too warm.  :)  Unfortunately weather has not been too cooperative lately - we are back to gray overcast sky again. When we get a little further into winter -28°C is going to be normal by traditional standards, and only -40°C feel cold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version