Author Topic: Shooting film at the Northwest Folklife Festival  (Read 527 times)

Gil Aegerter

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
Shooting film at the Northwest Folklife Festival
« on: May 31, 2024, 23:34:07 »
The Northwest Folklife Festival is held at the end of May each year in Seattle, and it's a great place to see and hear musicians -- especially those on the sidelines, not the main stages. I shot these with a Nikkor 85mm f1.8 K, Nikon FM2n, Fuji 400. Scanning at Kenmore Camera.

Hugh_3170

• NG Supporter
  • Back in Melbourne!
Re: Shooting film at the Northwest Folklife Festival
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2024, 08:48:50 »
I like these - especially the first image.  The lens performance is very good and likewise your focussing of it.

What is more, you have captured a genuine real live "propeller head" - well done.  ;D

The Northwest Folklife Festival is held at the end of May each year in Seattle, and it's a great place to see and hear musicians -- especially those on the sidelines, not the main stages. I shot these with a Nikkor 85mm f1.8 K, Nikon FM2n, Fuji 400. Scanning at Kenmore Camera.
Hugh Gunn

Birna Rørslett

• Global Moderator
  • A lesser fierce bear of the North
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2024, 11:32:18 »
Given the images and the characters depicted, it's easy to think what the music sounds like. Should be an interesting experience indeed.

ColinM

• NG Supporter
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2024, 11:42:24 »
Lovely selection Gil
I hope it was a fun day out too.

I particularly like #3, where your timing and framing "within the frame" works well

Gil Aegerter

• NG Supporter
  • You ARE NikonGear
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2024, 16:01:29 »
Colin, looking at that last frame, now I think I would crop in from the left to where the dragon just starts up again. That would eliminate some of the dead space at upper left.