Author Topic: Scavenger 2016  (Read 22089 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Re: Scavenger 2016
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2015, 04:23:12 »
We are all humans but we do not all drink wine or beer or coke and we do not all shoot with the same equipment.

Bj --- ø --- (ALT +0248) --- rn Rørslett is an ordinary guy who was able to acquire and test shiploads of photographic equipment and build a community around that expertise.

He is a devoted IR/UV and landscape shooter and simply fun to hang out with as many others here.

Bjørn loves to take photos and talk about everything photographic as all of us do.

That is why we are here and were somewhere else before.

Plus we happen to motivate us, making our next shot better than any shot we did before
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Anthony

• NG Supporter
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2015, 11:02:56 »
Back to the topic, I am up for another Scavenger Tour.  I have been to Lofoten twice, and while it is a beautiful and fascinating place, I would have a preference to explore somewhere in Norway which I have not visited before.
Anthony Macaulay

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2015, 11:21:53 »
I am up for some trip - if not Svalberg or Alaska - I might be in for a Norway trip.
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Erik Lund

• Global Moderator
  • Copenhagen
    • ErikLund.com
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2015, 11:46:48 »
Selective reading and incomplete comprehension is worse than not being able to read or understand at all.  :)

Indeed, but also not all master the language on the same level therefore misunderstandings appear, quite often in forums like this...

One way of 'leveling' this out is to actually in person meet with the other members of this site, it has a huge influence on how you know each other and you are much more able to read what they actually meant with their text/post/title...

After our meet up in Amsterdam I have a much broader understanding of you and especially your photographic endeavors! :)
Erik Lund

Intrepid

• NG Member
  • Rank Amateur
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2015, 12:18:05 »
Selective reading and incomplete comprehension is worse than not being able to read or understand at all.  :)

Indeed, but also not all master the language on the same level therefore misunderstandings appear, quite often in forums like this...

One way of 'leveling' this out is to actually in person meet with the other members of this site, it has a huge influence on how you know each other and you are much more able to read what they actually meant with their text/post/title...

After our meet up in Amsterdam I have a much broader understanding of you and especially your photographic endeavors! :)

No clue as to what the heck you were imbibing!  :D
Vivek Iyer

BEZ

• NG Member
  • RC51
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2015, 18:23:30 »

I agree and accept your humble apology   :)
Bez

Intrepid

• NG Member
  • Rank Amateur
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2015, 18:32:35 »
**** off!
Vivek Iyer

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2015, 20:31:53 »
Keep the thread on track, please.

ColinM

• NG Member
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2015, 23:04:41 »
and here I was hoping to wear a NG apron while cooking!

Hey, where's the "Like" button here???
Bet you do a mean fried breakfast Elsa ;)

Bjørn Rørslett

• Fierce Bear of the North
  • Administrator
  • Oslo, Norway
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2015, 23:08:27 »
A "Like" buttons is of of those modern concepts you'll have to do without on NG ... No Facebook, no Twitter, no '(a)social media' functionality at all.

Plus I bet Elsa feels better with a camera in her hand rather than with a frying pan.

Intrepid

• NG Member
  • Rank Amateur
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2015, 23:33:41 »
Plus I bet Elsa feels better with a camera in her hand rather than with a frying pan.

Quite likely, I would think.  It is also most likely the other way around when it comes to me and I say this with utmost confidence.  :)
Vivek Iyer

ColinM

• NG Member
  • Herefordshire, UK
    • My Pictures
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2015, 07:03:57 »
A "Like" buttons is of of those modern concepts you'll have to do without on NG ... No Facebook, no Twitter, no '(a)social media' functionality at all.

Don't worry, I think Elsa knows me well enough to know that both comments were meant to be deeply "ironic" (as I think she was being by even talking about the apron)
Agreed about the Like button too (at least people are encouraged to actually say something here)

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2015, 07:19:26 »
Of course it was said tongue on cheek :)
the thing is - I do find that I am often the only woman in a group and by some curse of the human mind - men (here I am generalising) automatically assume the woman will do the housey things. (and me as a female kind-of feel obliged) Frying pans are good though for hitting someone over the head - I don't mind handling a pan in that fashion.

And Bjørn is correct - I want to take photos as much as every body else. Probably even more as I have to work hard for my photos.
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

stenrasmussen

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2015, 08:44:09 »
I have no problem with seeing a woman with a frying pan in hand as long as it doesn't happen when I get home late from a party or suchlike...
As for the potential Scavenger summit...the south-southwestern coast of Noggieland is quite nice too (and kinder to the less frosted of us).

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2015, 11:26:11 »
I have no clue about how my life or calendar will look a month from now, nevermind next year but if any such tour is going to be arranged, I will certainly try to make it fit into my calendar.

As having already been to Lofoten, I'm partial to visiting another part of Norway but Lofoten is certainly worth visiting again.
Jørgen Ramskov