Author Topic: Nice new watch...  (Read 1878 times)

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
Nice new watch...
« on: September 25, 2015, 23:44:33 »
Here ist the BERING Story (according to advertizing poets):  When a vision is born from an adventure / When Danish adventurer and businessman René Kaerskov jumped out of a helicopter into the ice cold of the Arctic, directly over the North Pole in 2008, he had no idea that he was parachuting into a new era. / Because at that moment in time, landing safely at the most northerly point of the globe, his heart was conquered by the cool, simple beauty and infinite white expanse of the eternal ice. Overwhelmed by these fascinating impressions, he also captivated his business partners Michael Witt Johansen and Lars Gram-Skjønnemann with his descriptions of the exquisite splendour of the Arctic landscape. Inspired by these beautiful images the two Danes started to develop the vision of a new watch brand - a watch brand which would be as pure, clear and breathtakingly beautiful as the Arctic itself. /  The idea for BERING was born.

Chinese or Danish? Dunnno. But this is a great watch for a reasonable price:

You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
Re: Nice new watch...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 00:31:02 »
Is that YOUR ... nice new watch?
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 07:46:26 »
The watch my wife gave me as a present 15 years ago was not repairable anymore. So  I asked my father for a
watch for my birthday 2015 that will hopefully last for the next 15 years. He was looking for Skagen watches
because he liked the Danish design. But Skaken followed the current fashion of making watches HUGE.

So I asked the guy in the shop for a normal size and he said that some ex Skagen designer founded a company
named Bering. They had this watch. Clear black design. Big enough. Small enough. Just perfect for me.

I took lots of pictures of it with different cameras but was not quite satisfied. Now I am near a solution. Sinar.
Scheimpflug. Stacking. RAW conversion. Retouche. Filtering. Cleaning.

I can do better than that. But this is the first satisfactory result.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

elsa hoffmann

• NG Member
  • Cape Town, South Africa
    • Elsa Hoffmann
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 08:34:27 »
my "old" watch  - more than 80 years old now
"You don’t take a photograph – you make it” – Ansel Adams. Thats why I use photoshop.
www.phototourscapetown.com
www.elsa.co.za. www.intimateimages.co.za

Mike G

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 08:40:30 »
Frank, that looks very minimalist!

afx

• NG Member
  • Grumpy Bavarian from Munich
    • AFXImages
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 09:12:13 »
Thanks for the pointer to Bering.
After I lost my Lasalle, I got a Skagen as a present from my wife with a Milanaise stainless steel band. It caught somewhere and ripped. That was my last watch, since then I've been pulling out the smartphone when I needed time.
Now Bering would have the perfect Watch for me: http://www.beringtime.com/index.php?id=21&L=0&ArticleId=11935-222

But it again has a Milanaise band. Funnily enough with the same screw in mechanism as my beloved Lasalle that lead to lost screws and in the end a lost watch.
So while I love the looks, I'll have to abstain based on previous experience ;-(

cheers
afx

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 09:46:57 »
Andreas. This is the one I have. The band is a kind of steel web that feels very nicely on my skin. No sweating.
A soft feel that adapts fast to my body temperature. Very flat on the wrist so no interference with working environments
I now wear it for two month. Gosh I am tired. Must catch up some sleep.