Author Topic: Hello from Bellingham, Washington  (Read 1820 times)

ewfarrell

• NG Member
  • Edward W. Farrell
    • Edward W. Farrell Photography
Hello from Bellingham, Washington
« on: August 31, 2015, 02:04:47 »
Hello to all.  I'm an avid landscape/still life photographer from Northwest Washington State in the US.  I'm mostly focused on fine art printmaking, and while I do manage to sell prints here and there I will probably always be an amateur at heart.  I have never shot anything except 35mm. My first camera was a Fujica 35mm SLR I received as a high school graduation present in 1971. I eventually moved on to a Nikon F2 a few years later.  I caught the digital bug about 2002 when a bought a Sony DSC F707 (a very odd looking but ultimately very likable little camera). I took a much more serious plunge a few years later with the Nikon D2X, and then to the full frame D700. I'm currently using a D800E, along with a Leica M9.  However, my new "best friend" has become the Ricoh GR which continues to astonish me with the very high quality 17x22 inch prints this tiny little camera can produce.

You can see some of my photos at my website (which is currently getting an overhaul so not all the links may be working yet): www.edfarrellphotography.com

The attachment is a recent shot looking north from Toad Mountain, where I happily live.

armando_m

• NG Supporter
  • Guadalajara México
    • http://armando-m.smugmug.com/
Re: Hello from Bellingham, Washington
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 04:09:26 »
Welcome Ed

Some truly beautiful images in your website
Armando Morales
D800, Nikon 1 V1, Fuji X-T3

eugeniogp

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • PhotoBox
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 04:39:08 »
I agree with Armando,  many beautiful images on your website.  I specially liked some you took in Michoacan.

ewfarrell

• NG Member
  • Edward W. Farrell
    • Edward W. Farrell Photography
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 04:47:53 »
Thanks, Armando and Eugenio.  I lived in Patzcuaro for a few months in 1987 and had the opportunity to travel through much of Michoacan.  I loved it there and hope to return eventually. Armando, I also enjoyed your beautiful photos, especially the ones of the Mexican countryside.  Eugenio, I tried to access your photos but the link seems to be broken. 

Frank Fremerey

• engineering art
  • NG Supporter
  • Bonn, Germany
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 08:52:03 »
Thank you for joining our effort to become even better photographers.
ESP a review in practice from you of the GR with many examples to show her merits and limits I would sure be
very thankful for.
Warmest welcome.
You are out there. You and your camera. You can shoot or not shoot as you please. Discover the world, Your world. Show it to us. Or we might never see it.

Me: https://youpic.com/photographer/frankfremerey/

Gary

• NG Member
  • Southern California
    • Snaps
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 15:50:08 »
Welcome to the forum.
"Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
My snaps are here: www.garyayala.com
Critiquing my snaps are always welcomed and appreciated.

Jørgen Ramskov

• NG Supporter
  • Aarhus, Denmark
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 16:55:28 »
Welcome, looking forward to seeing more shots.
Jørgen Ramskov

eugeniogp

• NG Member
  • You ARE NikonGear
    • PhotoBox
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 14:18:59 »
Ed,  thanks for letting me know the link to my pics was broken!  I just fixed it. :)